Sponsored

ravenracer666

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 JLUR MT
Jeep has been completed. But I guess there is a hold up at the factory with not enough truck carriers for all of vehicles in transit
Your comment is the first time I've heard this, but it might be what has been the problem for weeks! 🙄😂
Sponsored

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Your comment is the first time I've heard this, but it might be what has been the problem for weeks! 🙄😂
Mine has been 'shipping' for something like 6 weeks, like someone else said, getting a Jeep in 2021 is like getting toilet paper was in 2020 (for some of us).

Sponsored

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
I just wanted to post my initial thoughts on the manual in the Wrangler after the first 48 hours. I picked up my 2 Door Willys Sport, drove it the 60 miles home, and around town the past couple days. So this is INITIAL thoughts.

I absolutely LOVE it!

There are a lot of people complaining about how light the clutch is, how it engages, the fix etc.... The clutch *is* light; but Ive had other cars with a light clutch as well.... I have no issue with how light it is. I have no issue with how it engages. I think its brilliant!

I think what I notice more than anything with the transmission is just how quiet this 3.6 is! My last Jeep was a 1997 TJ. Compared to the TJ, this thing is a spaceship!

I love this manual, its smooth, clutch is fine, zero complaints about the manual. I have the B/W 3.5 inch screen and I can verify the gear display, its unobtrusive and in the top center of the screen. It looks like it always should have been there. It displays whatever gear I'm in.

The one thing I am going to mention: 3.45 gears. I don't fault Jeep in the slightest for putting these in here. It was a necessary evil to meet mileage standards. On my drive home on the freeway, I didn't even start to THINK about shifting into 5th gear until I was at 75-80 and I don't tend to drive that fast- I'm a cruiser. So essentially for me it's a 4 speed.

Jeep knows owners are going to modify Jeeps and axle gears are [in the grand scheme of things] easy! I'm thankful Jeep gave us enough transmission to handle lower axle gearing! :like:

I have a set of 4.88s and OX-Lockers sitting on my floor. Those will be going in as soon as I have time. With how much gear I had left in the transmission I'm probably going to rock the 4.88s with the stock 32s and see how it goes. Ill report back with that when I do it!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The one thing I am going to mention: 3.45 gears. I don't fault Jeep in the slightest for putting these in here. It was a necessary evil to meet mileage standards. On my drive home on the freeway, I didn't even start to THINK about shifting into 5th gear until I was at 75-80 and I don't tend to drive that fast- I'm a cruiser. So essentially for me it's a 4 speed.
This is one definite advantage the Rubicon has in stock form.

Happy to hear you love it. Mine is about 3 years old and it’s been perfect.

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
I did notice the 2020 and the 2021 have different part numbers for the clutch and pressure plate. So hopefully the current ones they are building now don't need the software Flash

Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM

So this is INITIAL thoughts.

I absolutely LOVE it!

I have just over 200 miles on my own 6 speed Jeep that I took delivery of just 2 weeks ago. I can say the same thing. My personal opinion is that the AISIN transmission has very solid shifting action. The clutch is *light* compared to say my old TJ but it is comparable to my prior car (manual turbo 4cyl). Pressue/feedback on clutch is much more uniform than other clutches I have driven, including prior two vehicles. Finding the catch point has been easy to learn and the clutch to throttle transition can be very smooth. The gearing is low (good) compared to other vehicles and natural rev range of engine is also low so without steady accelerator actuation can easily get *rough* acceleration but the throttle mapping is very linear which makes this a non-issue.

Short time for assessment but overall very positive.

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL STOP ORDER on all Manual Jeeps [Update: software flash fix arrives in March] 739A8D18-6441-4E79-AB28-CC091E4E8F87

Mine finally arrived last Monday. Ordered 12/29. Built around 2/2. Was “shipping” for 4-5 weeks. Love the manual. Love the whole Jeep. It’s great. No issues. To those still waiting, it’s worth the wait!

edit: I have to add, the premium audio is really great. Better than expected. The highs and midrange are really clear.

Last edited: