Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Got Banana today. I was really happy to find they had corrected not being able to turn off the automatic seat and wheel heat in the manuals. Still figuring out the computer. If anyone has tips on adjusting heat or the radio while using Android auto I'm open. I drove half way home with static on the radio and the heat on 86.
You have physical controls! There are driver and passenger temperature buttons, auto/manual climate and fan settings, and a mode button for defrost/face/feet. Likewise for media you have a physical dial to change stations/song, a physical dial to change volume, a mute button, buttons on the steering wheel for volume/track as well.

If you are in Android showing Google maps, use the circle button lower left in the screen to return to the Android menu, then the exit icon on screen. Then you can select all the on screen menus normally. (Audible navigation still functions).

Get set up at the start of your journey. When I do use navigation I tend to switch over to the climate controls, particularly after a nice snowy hike. My media is mostly a USB collection of songs. Anymore I tend to have the screen off.

ps You can even press the voice button on the steering wheel and say "set temperature to sixty seven degrees". :idea:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
ps You can even press the voice button on the steering wheel and say "set temperature to sixty seven degrees". :idea:
I'll have to have to start using that voice button more.. it's only two taps on the screen for climate, but the voice command is pretty cool. I'm just not used to it due to non-usage.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I'll have to have to start using that voice button more.. it's only two taps on the screen for climate, but the voice command is pretty cool. I'm just not used to it due to non-usage.
I drove a 1994 YJ for fifteen years. The most automatic component I had was intermittent windshield wipers. :clap: It took over 80dy for me to get my 2021 after I placed my order. My only patience came from reading the user manual... twice. The uconnect itself is very very poorly documented (it's not really in the manual), so I just sat there and went through all the menus. Press every button pressable and see what it does.

I haven't ripped apart the uconnect software, but it would be really nice if there was a full list of voice commands somewhere.

Anyway, sorry, I think we've taken off the thread topic. Maybe there's a nice newbie thread, or you can start one. :idea:

Xsspd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
You have physical controls! There are driver and passenger temperature buttons, auto/manual climate and fan settings, and a mode button for defrost/face/feet. Likewise for media you have a physical dial to change stations/song, a physical dial to change volume, a mute button, buttons on the steering wheel for volume/track as well.

If you are in Android showing Google maps, use the circle button lower left in the screen to return to the Android menu, then the exit icon on screen. Then you can select all the on screen menus normally. (Audible navigation still functions).

Get set up at the start of your journey. When I do use navigation I tend to switch over to the climate controls, particularly after a nice snowy hike. My media is mostly a USB collection of songs. Anymore I tend to have the screen off.

Thanks. I'll go try what you said in Para #2 now. I didn't see an x button. I did eventually find you could use the voice control to say "climate" or "radio" and it would get out of maps, but it would be nice to have the physical way as well. It was my biggest gripe other than ESS so far. Harder to figure out uconnect while driving.

Sponsored

Xsspd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
If you are in Android showing Google maps, use the circle button lower left in the screen to return to the Android menu, then the exit icon on screen.
Looks like "Exit" is labeled "uConnect" but it worked great thank you very much.

gr8nate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys
Pending Order - Jeep is "progressing through the shipping network". Does anyone know if the Dealership will be fixing the recall or will it be fixed at the factory. I can't get a straight answer from Jeep.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Pending Order - Jeep is "progressing through the shipping network". Does anyone know if the Dealership will be fixing the recall or will it be fixed at the factory. I can't get a straight answer from Jeep.
I ordered mine 1.31.21, recall was completed at the factory.

Xsspd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
It should have been fixed from the factory but you can check https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

If you have the VIN. My dealer corrected everything else on the checklist except letting some air out of the tires so be sure to check that screen before you drive off.

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU

gr8nate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys
Thank you to everyone for the quick reply. Current Status = "Incomplete but repair parts are available". One of two things is happening right now I am waiting in line at the factory or it was about to be shipped from PA then they had bring it back to be fixed in OH.

😢😭😤😢

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi, it will be fixed at the factory prior to shipping.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

ravenracer666

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 JLUR MT
I ordered on 11/30/2020, and status still shows 'Incomplete but repair parts available'. This is becoming ridiculous. At this point, it seems like I could initiate an entirely new order and have the vehicle arrive before the first order does... 😒

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
I ordered on 11/30/2020, and status still shows 'Incomplete but repair parts available'. This is becoming ridiculous. At this point, it seems like I could initiate an entirely new order and have the vehicle arrive before the first order does... 😒
Hang in there buuuudddddy!!! It'll be worth the wait I promise!
Sponsored