Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
One more quick question.....I'm assuming the YO7 is a different program or has some minor differences, probably due to model year upgrades to the PCM. Is that likely why, or is it the same program and they are just prioritizing the newer vehicles?

I'm ok with it because I've driven 3 years with no issues and a transmission/clutch that feels perfect to this day. But since my dealership has already made an appointment for me, if they are the same, why not do it while it is in there for something else?

Thanks!
It is a different flash due to the model years involved.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources

Sponsored

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys sport
My window sticker showed up today and my order date was 12/22 and my ship date was 2/18. I wonder how long til I see my sarge green 2 door rubi 6 speed?
I went sarge green too, but Willys sport here. Congrats on the window sticker! Hopefully they give you a shipping date, Iā€™ve yet to get one with my window sticker being here for days.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Here ya go.

87A0EAE5-6FD7-4C11-B8EF-58154F6133D4.jpeg
oh, thanks, it tells me i am in neutral. That is some utility there.

I have not made an appointment, I did put new rear shocks on bc one of mine was leaking at 2K

Jeep Wrangler JL STOP ORDER on all Manual Jeeps [Update: software flash fix arrives in March] IMG_0136

Since I still have the Al steering box, I will continue to drive my flaming ball of potential till that part shows up. It might help if I call the dealer too.

But fishing starts soon.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
oh, thanks, it tells me i am in neutral. That is some utility there.

I have not made an appointment, I did put new rear shocks on bc one of mine was leaking at 2K

Jeep Wrangler JL STOP ORDER on all Manual Jeeps [Update: software flash fix arrives in March] IMG_0136

Since I still have the Al steering box, I will continue to drive my flaming ball of potential till that part shows up. It might help if I call the dealer too.

But fishing starts soon.
You'll see the utility if you've ever had a friend, relative, or spouse get behind the wheel of your Jeep and try to start out in 3rd gear, thinking they are in 1st. It won't matter for you, but if it had been there, my wife would not have done that. Fortunately my neighbor saw her and ran over and saw she was in the wrong gear. It is the location of reverse that makes them do that.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You'll see the utility if you've ever had a friend, relative, or spouse get behind the wheel of your Jeep and try to start out in 3rd gear, thinking they are in 1st. It won't matter for you, but if it had been there, my wife would not have done that. Fortunately my neighbor saw her and ran over and saw she was in the wrong gear. It is the location of reverse that makes them do that.
Solved, I bought my wife her own jeep, an auto. She drive my manual well. She has had three manuals.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Solved, I bought my wife her own jeep, an auto. She drive my manual well. She has had three manuals.
Mine has driven my JK manual for 13 years and others for another 14, so 27 years of experience. She's very good with them. But it still happened when she first drove the JL. That little indicator would have prevented it. She hasn't had an issue since she learned that lesson, but I'd have rather her not had that particular experience in my Jeep.

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Mine has driven my JK manual for 13 years and others for another 14, so 27 years of experience. She's very good with them. But it still happened when she first drove the JL. That little indicator would have prevented it. She hasn't had an issue since she learned that lesson, but I'd have rather her not had that particular experience in my Jeep.
So how long your wife, friend or relative smoke the clutch before they thought, hmmmm. Or they just sit there for 3 minutes repeating the same error over and over thoughtlessly about their day?

And if driver is not paying attention that 3 on the dash ain't going to help one bit.

Not a horse rider. But you are making a case for idiotproofing something.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So how long your wife, friend or relative smoke the clutch before they thought, hmmmm. Or they just sit there for 3 minutes repeating the same error over and over thoughtlessly about their day?

And if driver is not paying attention that 3 on the dash ain't going to help one bit.

Not a horse rider. But you are making a case for idiotproofing something.
It took her a minute because she was stressed due to having to leave quickly for an emergency situation in a vehicle she had never driven and with which she was unfamiliar. She's human. She was worried she would put it in reverse due to the gate pattern on the shifter while trying to leave VERY quickly to go and help someone in a very difficult situation. So in my opinion, it was very understandable. My brother-in-law did the same and figured it out quickly after one try. My son, learning to drive a manual, also did it. All said they were trying to avoid reverse, subconsciously, after looking at the gate. Bro in law hasn't driven with reverse in that location, either. I'm not at all critical of the location of reverse. I actually like it, for good reason,, as I've explained before in a couple of other posts on the forum.

I'm not sure why it is such a big issue with a tiny indicator that will go completely unnoticed if you don't need it. So I think we'll just disagree on the utility of it and leave it at that. Kinda silly to argue over such a thing, so I'm moving onto the next topic.

I hope you did not intend to imply that she's an idiot. I've never seen you do anyting like that before around here, and I consider you a forum friend, so I'll chalk it up to an unintentional error.

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Anyone one have any idea why the recall server is CONSTANTLY down? Its kind of ridiculous actually.
No, but I find it's usually up a few minutes later.

...and down a few minutes after that. :CWL:

I'm wondering if the "Server is down" message is bogus and is the result of some other connection issue. Anyway, others have pointed out that their jeep still shows an active recall notice despite having shipped from the yard, so I'm no longer using it as a clue as to when my jeep will ship.