Sponsored

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
As far as I know there's no indication of any other fix coming other than the Y01 re-flash. The post right above yours indicates that the Y01 flash is now being used on the assembly line. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a manual with only this because the conditions that led to the failure seemed to be edge conditions that I would do.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
tool mine in today for its first free oil change and they did the recall software flash. Know I have a gear indicator on the dash in case I forget what gear I'm in?? My 6spd was working fine before and same after.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Updated with software flash fix timing, per @JeepCares [link to posts]

The flash is expected in March, but I don't have any specifics.​
I saw another post of yours, starting at a certain point new vehicle builds are being held at the factory and will be flashed prior to arriving at the dealer.​
Kaitlin​
Jeep Cares​

Yes it will be delayed. The flash is expected in March. The recall affects all manuals built until the flash is available.​
Kaitlin​
Jeep Cares​

Hi, yes it will be delayed. The flash isn't available yet and the dealer can't deliver it with an open recall.​
Kaitlin​
Jeep Cares​

Origina post:

I just received a call from my dealer who told me they have a stop order on all sales of manual transmissions to fix that clutch recall mentioned from a few days ago.

I was flying into DC tomorrow to pick up said Jeep, but no longer. This is terrible, and obviously no ones fault other than Jeep.

Any advice for me going forward? I don’t want to blame anyone, but this leaves such a salty taste in my mouth.

In case anyone was wondering I’m purchasing through Koons, Vienna VA.
just had my flash done today while getting the oil changed.

Sponsored

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport
tool mine in today for its first free oil change and they did the recall software flash. Know I have a gear indicator on the dash in case I forget what gear I'm in?? My 6spd was working fine before and same after.
I took delivery on my rubicon yesterday and it has the gear indicator. I assumed it was a rubicon thing as my 2020 sport 6 speed didn’t have it 🤣

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
This is what I hate. No one claims to know anything. Then we get one rogue chat rep that tells @Britrockinvasion 03/04. Then you chat and they tell you the same crap you've been hearing for a month 🤬
SmartSelect_20210224-153837_Chrome.jpg
Think everyone at FCA knows Jimmy wants his damn jeep.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I took delivery on my rubicon yesterday and it has the gear indicator. I assumed it was a rubicon thing as my 2020 sport 6 speed didn’t have it 🤣
Must be the flash. Where is the indicator? Is it between the speedo and tach?

I'm going to get on the schedule to get this done ASAP!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Am I seeing Tan leather w a red dash?
Looks like the charcoal or black. Matches the center console. I think the lighting makes it look tan.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It would have been great if they'd just shipped all of the orders to the dealerships, and we'd all have ours by now... 😒
Should have flash tool about 15 mins to complete.