Sponsored

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Is it just me or are we all sugarcoating the fact that they are putting a second bandaid (software this time, sleeve and bleed the last time) on a weak/inadequate mechanical part of our transmissions? Mine has been fine but this all reeks of them trying to escape doing the right (but costly) thing of replacing our pressure plates with a new and improved design?
Sponsored

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
So some good news! I received a text from my dealer that they released the software today! Hopefully everyone's starts moving along!

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Is it just me or are we all sugarcoating the fact that they are putting a second bandaid (software this time, sleeve and bleed the last time) on a weak/inadequate mechanical part of our transmissions? Mine has been fine but this all reeks of them trying to escape doing the right (but costly) thing of replacing our pressure plates with a new and improved design?
i think we all agree to this to a point, the issue is that no one knows how exactly it works. im being optimistic and believing jeep cares when they say that this change won't be noticeable under any normal driving conditions.

We wont know for sure how this tune impacts drivability and if theyre able to fix this "issue" with a simple tune and without spending tons of $ replacing clutches and pressure plates, good for them. i could care less

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Understandable, but is there any way you would be able to let us know when the factory starts flashing the Jeeps that are built if you hear anything? Many of us have been waiting 3-5 months plus and (excluding you) we can't get any information or just get a general B.S. vague answer that doesn't help us.
Hi everyone,
Jeeps that were built and held at the yard have started to be flashed.
Recall Y01 is now split into two campaigns.
Y01: 2021 JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator. Owner letters mail shortly.
Y07: 2018-2020 JL Wrangler and 2020 JT Gladiator. Will go interim, flash is expected in the coming months. Interim letters to mail shortly as well.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
that'd be great. its really confusing when we receive such different responses from the same company. you have a good point that our jeeps would've most likely been shipped already if the dealer was the one completing the recall.

i'm thinking the person i was chatting with was completely incorrect about the dealer doing the fix. but hopefully that can be confirmed by @JeepCares
If the vehicle was held at the yard, they will fix it prior to shipping to your dealership.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Hi everyone,
Y07: 2018-2020 JL Wrangler and 2020 JT Gladiator. Will go interim, flash is expected in the coming months. Interim letters to mail shortly as well.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
I and I know others are really happy that you keep us updated. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know.

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Hi everyone,

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport
So some good news! I received a text from my dealer that they released the software today! Hopefully everyone's starts moving along!
Have they already started flashing vehicles they have on their lot? My dealership claims theyā€™ve got no update.

Sponsored

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Great news! My Jeep has been finished just waiting for the Recall. I'm taking a road trip to Charleston on March 12 would be sweet to take my new JL!