Sponsored

2 door rubi

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I received my 2021 2 door rubicon on the 28th of December 2020. 6 cylinder with ESS, Manual (oveously). Granted it only has 500 miles on it, it seems to be doing good. It is quick. I'm really thinking the fire thing has fo do with clutch riding, more than a defective part or electronics issue.
I would think after 80 years, jeep would have the clutch figured out more than most other companies.
I was told by my dealership that if my vehicle had a recall, I would receive a letter in the mail from FCA/Jeep. Haven't received anything yet. 02/21/21
20210221_060829.jpg
Reading the recall stuff. 7 occasions. So...7 different people across the land were trying to do burnouts with a manual, and caught the clutch on fire, had FCA cover it under warranty witch triggered an investigation witch lead to a voluntary recall where they want to limit the torque output. Ha. Can I reprogram to get more torque?
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Reading the recall stuff. 7 occasions. So...7 different people across the land were trying to do burnouts with a manual, and caught the clutch on fire, had FCA cover it under warranty witch triggered an investigation witch lead to a voluntary recall where they want to limit the torque output. Ha. Can I reprogram to get more torque?
Jeep Wrangler JL STOP ORDER on all Manual Jeeps [Update: software flash fix arrives in March] 1614000638782

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares
  • Does the factory have the fix yet or is mid-March just an estimate on when the software will be built/completed?
  • If so do you know when they will start installing the updates?
  • If not, is there any ETA?
  • Any idea on when the shipping date will resume on Jeeps that have been built will start shipping out?

I know you may not know or have the access to this information but figured I would ask.
Unfortunately I don't have any additional information. If I hear anything else, I will post it.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

ravenracer666

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 JLUR MT
I don't have anything to add to this informative thread, but I'm new here, ordered a Rubicon MT last Nov. 30, and am impatiently waiting along with the rest of you. I was glad to find this thread, just to know that I'm not in this interminable waiting game alone! 😄🙌🏼🤘🏼

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I don't have anything to add to this informative thread, but I'm new here, ordered a Rubicon MT last Nov. 30, and am impatiently waiting along with the rest of you. I was glad to find this thread, just to know that I'm not in this interminable waiting game alone! 😄🙌🏼🤘🏼
Hah, welcome to the club no one wants to be part of. When I ordered my 6 speed it was right when the clutch recall started, so I know that pain. It'll be so worth it when you finally pick it up!

Sponsored

Rubiconchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hah, welcome to the club no one wants to be part of. When I ordered my 6 speed it was right when the clutch recall started, so I know that pain. It'll be so worth it when you finally pick it up!
Maybe if we talk about what we have coming it will help. Hows my deal look to you guys? They're giving me $37,000 for my 2 door 2018 rubi.

20210222_134317.jpg

Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Anyone elses Jeep no longer showing the recall in the "My Jeep" app? Mine isn't showing the recall any more. Maybe this is a good sign?!?!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Anyone elses Jeep no longer showing the recall in the "My Jeep" app? Mine isn't showing the recall any more. Maybe this is a good sign?!?!
Jeep Wrangler JL STOP ORDER on all Manual Jeeps [Update: software flash fix arrives in March] 1614051827322

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Idk, mine never was showing it, built 2/8

TheKeither

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Willy's Sport
MIne build was finished on 2/18. It does not show the recall in the "My Jeep" app. Now, this could be a good sign! Or......it could just be they havent updated it yet! :LOL:

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
Sorry to burst any bubbles, but if you go to maintenance tab and click on recalls it states: *Sorry, we are unable to connect to the recall server at this time"

I have a 2016 Ram that shows up in the Jeep app as well. It has 4 completed recalls that are also not showing up tonight.

It will show as completed when it's done.
Sponsored