First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Even if these issues, would not trade my manual JLR for an automatic.
Hopefully, Jeep will properly the clutch issues (e.g., get rid of the dual mass flywheel BS and go with a simple and larger flywheel, PP, and disk). FCA's "fix" of using software to fix a mechanical issue is pile of BS.

Hoping that Jeep will come out with a proper fix. If not, looks like an aftermarket clutch system is in my future.

Not sure if I should admit this here, but...

My 2012 Mustang V6 (Commuter car for ~100 to 120 mile round trip to the office) has +218K on it. Was looking to purchase a truck with a manual gear box as a replacement vehicle. Currently, there are only two trucks on the market with a manual gear box (Tacoma and Gladiator). In many ways, the Gladiator is a better truck, though it is hard to beat the reliability of a Toyota. All the BS going on with this clutch thing and the other ridiculous issues with Jeep/FCA, a Taco has been ordered. The Tacoma was not my first choice, but I need a DD to be available and dependable and not sitting at the dealership with long lead times for parts, software detuning, etc. I am hopeful that Jeep/FCA will get their act together, until then, I'm stuck in a Toyota. (Flame away...)

OP
OP

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
I'm expecting my new 6 speed 2 door Rubicon to be shipped on Feb 18th (friday). Dealer told me everything is on track. Should I expect it not to show up? I read through the posts and it sure seems that way. I'm confused, depressed
Expect it to be shipped the the dealership, BUT they canā€™t sell it to you until the STOP ORDER is removed, which Iā€™m told is earliest by the end of the month. Realistically itā€™s the end of March/Early April before this gets going.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Expect it to be shipped the the dealership, BUT they canā€™t sell it to you until the STOP ORDER is removed, which Iā€™m told is earliest by the end of the month. Realistically itā€™s the end of March/Early April before this gets going.
You donā€™t think fix will be implemented at the factory? Feel like dealers would get over crowded taking months worth of orders and having them all sit in lot.

Last edited:

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm paying first world money for this jeep, so I'd kind of like them to be able to deliver one within three months of when they said they would.
^^ This and now Iā€™m paying 50k for a Rubicon that will have torque reduced while rock crawling if the clutch gets warm. Sorry but thatā€™s a bullshit ā€˜fixā€™ for a vehicle thatā€™s supposed to be one of the most ā€˜capableā€™ off road. Maybe performance wonā€™t be noticeably impacted but I donā€™t see how.

Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
^^ This and now Iā€™m paying 50k for a Rubicon that will have torque reduced while rock crawling if the clutch gets warm. Sorry but thatā€™s a bullshit ā€˜fixā€™ for a vehicle thatā€™s supposed to be one of the most ā€˜capableā€™ off road. Maybe performance wonā€™t be noticeably impacted but I donā€™t see how.
didnā€™t mean to start such an uproar! Wish trying to laugh at our extremely annoying situation because thatā€™s all we can do.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Assuming any made after the build date stated in the recall will be held under the stop sale

Production Dates : AUG 23, 2017 - JAN 22, 2021

Mine was build date started 01/28/2021

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Even if these issues, would not trade my manual JLR for an automatic.
Hopefully, Jeep will properly the clutch issues (e.g., get rid of the dual mass flywheel BS and go with a simple and larger flywheel, PP, and disk). FCA's "fix" of using software to fix a mechanical issue is pile of BS.

Hoping that Jeep will come out with a proper fix. If not, looks like an aftermarket clutch system is in my future.

Not sure if I should admit this here, but...

My 2012 Mustang V6 (Commuter car for ~100 to 120 mile round trip to the office) has +218K on it. Was looking to purchase a truck with a manual gear box as a replacement vehicle. Currently, there are only two trucks on the market with a manual gear box (Tacoma and Gladiator). In many ways, the Gladiator is a better truck, though it is hard to beat the reliability of a Toyota. All the BS going on with this clutch thing and the other ridiculous issues with Jeep/FCA, a Taco has been ordered. The Tacoma was not my first choice, but I need a DD to be available and dependable and not sitting at the dealership with long lead times for parts, software detuning, etc. I am hopeful that Jeep/FCA will get their act together, until then, I'm stuck in a Toyota. (Flame away...)
I was about to buy a Tacoma before the Jeep.

It wasn't too comfortable, but it will run forever. My wife has had a Rav4 for over 22 years. We will trade the current one in for another, but a hybrid this time. Always dependable and great mileage.

I'm actually curious what the new Tundra will bring.

Enjoy your Taco. :beer:

MOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLUW 2.0T (Hella Yella), ā€˜23 JLW 2.0T (Sarge)
I was about to buy a Tacoma before the Jeep.

It wasn't too comfortable, but it will run forever. My wife has had a Rav4 for over 22 years. We will trade the current one in for another, but a hybrid this time. Always dependable and great mileage.

I'm actually curious what the new Tundra will bring.

Enjoy your Taco. :beer:
Careful with the Taco, dude. I have had three and two of them have been plagued by driveline vibration issues. Wonā€™t even get into the mods Iā€™ve done to chase them out. Anyway... test-drive carefully and if you feel ANY hint of vibe DO NOT sign the papers.

MOS

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Careful with the Taco, dude. I have had three and two of them have been plagued by driveline vibration issues. Wonā€™t even get into the mods Iā€™ve done to chase them out. Anyway... test-drive carefully and if you feel ANY hint of vibe DO NOT sign the papers.

MOS
Oh and check the frame. For some reason they have worse frames than Jeep. Get them sealed inside and out. (Love Colorado low humidity and high mountain air for not rusting out things as bad.)

Sponsored

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Thx for the advise about a Taco.
To get a manual Taco, it had to ordered (had to order my JLR too).
About a three month lead time.
The Taco should be here at the end of March.
Hopefully, the seat comfort issue can be fixed by raising the back of the seat's frame rail a couple of inches.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Some glimmer of hope for us waiting for our Manual Jeeps. Dealer texted me today that my estimated ship date is 2/24 (moved from 2/13)

Whether I'll be able to get it then is another story but at least it wasn't just pushed to March

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Some glimmer of hope for us waiting for our Manual Jeeps. Dealer texted me today that my estimated ship date is 2/24 (moved from 2/13)

Whether I'll be able to get it then is another story but at least it wasn't just pushed to March
I have the same ship date. Let me know if anything changes for you and I will do the same.

Ordered: 12/29/20

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
Hi, first time posting, what a great forum for us JL owners to garner knowledge.

I actually traded in my Sport Altitude 8-speed auto for a custom ordered Rubicon Unlimited 6MT. 8 speed is fantastic but I miss the fun of shifting. Wife likes to drive manual which def helps.

Placed the order 1/29 and ship date still says 2/18 to arrive at the dealer end of Feb or beg of March. Hopefully no further delays but I'm willing to wait.

If/when the clutch gives me trouble, I'll upgrade to a centerforce dual disc.

Good luck to all.

OP
OP

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
You donā€™t think fix will be implemented at the factory? Feel like dealers would get over crowded taking months worth of orders and having them all sit in lot.
Yes the fix might be fixed at the factory. But Iā€™m not sure when they will have them fixed. I still think the timeframe will be the same. I hope Iā€™m wrong.
Sponsored