DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have good and bad news. I just placed the order for my new Wrangler! I wound up going with the auto :(. NOTHING to do with this recall in the least! I currently have a V6 auto 18 sport, ordered a 21 Willys 2.0.
There is no such thing as bad news about ordering a new Wrangler! May it carry you on countless adventures! Congrats!
Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
right? it'd be nice to inform the people who are wondering why their jeep has been waiting in the "quality inspection" storage facility for weeks. The FCA customer support people on the online chat didn't even know what i was talking about when i asked them if the clutch recall is effecting my build status. they just give me the "please be assured that we take quality control very seriously" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL i think any manufacture is lying if they say that.
anyway. I dont care at all about this recall, itll be fine, im going to love my jeep, but itd be cool for a little bit of communication when were trying to time a very expensive deal with a lot of moving parts for most people
I got a call from Jeep Cares or whatever it’s called, told me my Jeep was delayed until sometime in March because of recall. That was all the info she had for me and had no ballpark date or anything. My original ship date was 2/9 and slipped to 2/26 according to my dealer. So who knows who has the best info. I don’t expect it until mid to late March and I only live 50 min from plant.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
They might ship it and do the update at the dealership. Hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead and ship it and then hold it there. At least your Mom would be able to go sit in it while it waits, if at the dealership.
Jeep has already stated and clearly made the decision NOT to shop them without the update. If they were going to do that they would have done so already. Mine and many other has been sitting built for almost a month now. I believe alot of it has to do with liability. Jeep probably doesn't even want to take the slightest chance a Jeep gets sold without the update. Just IMO.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep has already stated and clearly made the decision NOT to shop them without the update. If they were going to do that they would have done so already. Mine and many other has been sitting built for almost a month now. I believe alot of it has to do with liability. Jeep probably doesn't even want to take the slightest chance a Jeep gets sold without the update. Just IMO.
I'd bet you are right. Dealerships can be hard to control. Hopefully they'll get this thing approved and rolling and surprise you with an early March delivery.

Sponsored

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
As a tool for everyone waiting for a Jeep at the factory; I downloaded the My Jeep app on my phone and have my VIN plugged into it. You can check it on your computer as well.

It is VIN specific and shows the recall as "incomplete." I'm going to go out on a limb and say as soon as the recall is applied to your Jeep it'll change to completed and the Jeep will ship shortly.

May be worth an install to check occasionally!

Jeep Wrangler JL STOP ORDER on all Manual Jeeps [Update: software flash fix arrives in March] Screenshot_20210216-124712_My Jee

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Not sure if anyone else who has a manual on order got this email, but Jeep just sent me one with a message about the Y01 recall.

We are contacting you to inform you that your manual transmission (Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator) order has been delayed due to a safety recall. The recall campaign number is Y01 for the clutch pressure plate. The repair is currently being developed. Shipment of these vehicles is expected to re-start in March 2021. Customer sold orders will be prioritized for shipment.

The recall on your vehicle will be resolved prior to delivery to your dealership.

We understand the excitement to get behind the wheel of your new (Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator). Should you have any questions, please contact your selling dealership or customer care at 800-853-1403.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your loyalty and passion for the Jeep brand.

FCA Recall Assistance

Pretty much confirms what JeepCares and others in this thread have been saying. Was thoughtful for them to send.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Not sure if anyone else who has a manual on order got this email, but Jeep just sent me one with a message about the Y01 recall.

We are contacting you to inform you that your manual transmission (Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator) order has been delayed due to a safety recall. The recall campaign number is Y01 for the clutch pressure plate. The repair is currently being developed. Shipment of these vehicles is expected to re-start in March 2021. Customer sold orders will be prioritized for shipment.

The recall on your vehicle will be resolved prior to delivery to your dealership.

We understand the excitement to get behind the wheel of your new (Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator). Should you have any questions, please contact your selling dealership or customer care at 800-853-1403.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your loyalty and passion for the Jeep brand.

FCA Recall Assistance

Pretty much confirms what JeepCares and others in this thread have been saying. Was thoughtful for them to send.
thats awesome, thanks for sharing. i didnt receive an email yet but im expecting that I will.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I'd like to say I have "no ragerts" with the MT, but, it's not my favorite configuration (6th is worthless, reverse lockout is annoying, I wish it was a standard 5spd), mine has failed at 13K miles (probably master cylinder - still in the shop), the clutch action has always been weird/unpredictable and there are two recalls so far - both of which are bandaids for a pressure plate that explodes when the clutch slips. From what I understand, a slipping clutch is not an uncommon thing in vehicles as they get older. So if it's slipping and you don't notice soon enough, you could have a catastrophic failure resulting in a vehicle fire. Cool.
Note: I don't know enough about transmissions to know if that's accurate, but it might be! It could be the second recall may prevent this, or, maybe we won't know until more Jeeps start catching fire. Either way, confidence = low.

As much as I like driving a manual, If I had a do-over; I'd get an auto. My wife's automatic Wrangler drives real nice. Who knows though, maybe when mine is fixed it'll drive great for hundreds of thousands of miles and I'll change my tune... I'd love to be wrong. I'm not sure I'll last long enough to be wrong though. My lease is up in 18 months; maybe I don't need two Wranglers in the garage. If Jeep announces a production J6 in the next year, it'll be an easy decision for me (a guy can dream, can't he?)

ValerieWB

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart & 2021 JL Willys (on order)

FCA Recall Assistance

Thank you for sharing!!

Sponsored

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If Jeep announces a production J6 in the next year, it'll be an easy decision for me (a guy can dream, can't he?)
They better not! I'd have to order one (still a manual, lol) without having picked up my new Wrangler! Be still my beating heat! 🙄

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
As a tool for everyone waiting for a Jeep at the factory; I downloaded the My Jeep app on my phone and have my VIN plugged into it. You can check it on your computer as well.

It is VIN specific and shows the recall as "incomplete." I'm going to go out on a limb and say as soon as the recall is applied to your Jeep it'll change to completed and the Jeep will ship shortly.

May be worth an install to check occasionally!
Mine is still at the factory and started build 01/28 completed 2 weeks ago and not showing any recall

Jeep Wrangler JL STOP ORDER on all Manual Jeeps [Update: software flash fix arrives in March] 1613512961233

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is still at the factory and started build 01/28 completed 2 weeks ago and not showing any recall

Jeep Wrangler JL STOP ORDER on all Manual Jeeps [Update: software flash fix arrives in March] 1613512961233
Hmmm, perhaps a flaw in my plan.... 01/22 is the stop ship date in the recall and my recall has a recall date of 01/28.

It's been made pretty clear that Jeeps built after both of those dates will still get the software update.

Those Jeeps built after 01/22 or 01/28 may not show up in the system properly yet.... I'm just speculating though.

As soon as mine updates I'll post here.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Hmmm, perhaps a flaw in my plan.... 01/22 is the stop ship date in the recall and my recall has a recall date of 01/28.

It's been made pretty clear that Jeeps built after both of those dates will still get the software update.

Those Jeeps built after 01/22 or 01/28 may not show up in the system properly yet.... I'm just speculating though.

As soon as mine updates I'll post here.
That's what I figured, just wanted to share what mine shows.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have good and bad news. I just placed the order for my new Wrangler! I wound up going with the auto :(. NOTHING to do with this recall in the least! I currently have a V6 auto 18 sport, ordered a 21 Willys 2.0.
Like you, I also had to get the AT...my first after decades of driving manual CJs and TJs. Was a hard pill to swallow at first, but as a (slightly) beat-up vet with bad knees and a wife who prefers to drive an AT in heavy SoCal traffic, it just made sense. Luckily, the 8 speed AT is among the best out there, so I'm over it, and just looking forward to a new way of Jeeping. I'm sure you'll love your new JL just as much.

That said, it is important to note that I would never disparage anyone who chooses MT. It's a very personal choice, driven by geography, weather, road/trail conditions, health issues, spouse preferences, pet preferences, and probably 1,000 other variables. At the end of the day, we're all Jeepers and should respect each other's choices because we're all different. That's what I love the most about our culture...it's nearly impossible to find two alike Jeeps, and that's what sets us apart from other car/truck enthusiasts. Furthermore, we all pay good $$$ for these vehicles, so we can do with them as we choose, and nobody should have to worry about being bullied for their version of a dream Jeep. I'm actually planning to keep my 2-door JL Sport as bone stock as possible (we'll see how that goes), and I really don't care what anyone else thinks because I bought it! :rock:
Sponsored

Last edited: