Stop me if you heard this before: Sport+ vs Rubi

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Got ya, my main reason for asking was I contemplating going with 35s and not 33s but I wanted to see if anyone had an actual failure with the m200 with light trails not rocks and 35s.
You’ll probably be fine on light trails and no rocks. I can’t see overlanding killing it, possible but so are a lot of things. The minute you wedge the tire against something and apply torque or use throttle and hop/bounce, is when you break shit. Light trail riding typically won’t do much
Sponsored

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Don’t need real life experience. The facts of the axle are listed and the little changes they made to the axle compared to the JK, you can draw factual conclusions that it’s not robust enough to handle large tires and a good amount of wheeling. You can lie to yourself and claim whatever you’d like. If it works for you, great! There’s nothing wrong with a sport, if said it multiple times. But those axles can’t handle larger tires or Jeep would have put them in the Rubicons as well, just like the larger brakes. And, Rubicon axles have broke with 35s+. These are facts. Not opinion or Internet conspiracy’s

You’re a funny dude. I just want to know where you’re getting your information from. I’m sure salesman love people like you. “Oh shit something else is better must mean it’s the only thing that can handle anything other than stock”. You are basing your statements off of previous models all I was asking was if you had any actual experience with what is currently being sold as the M200. I’m not trying to do the rubicon trail. I’m trying to get real first information on if my Jeep can handle 35s for light trailing and not rock climbing. But it’s really cool you can read a brochure.

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You’ll probably be fine on light trails and no rocks. I can’t see overlanding killing it, possible but so are a lot of things. The minute you wedge the tire against something and apply torque or use throttle and hop/bounce, is when you break shit. Light trail riding typically won’t do much
I appreciate it that was more along the lines of what I was searching for. I wasn’t trying to “lie to myself” if I knew this information when I purchased I would have gotten the D44 however I didn’t realize I lost that with an auto..

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Some of you guys never read the actual OP's comments. You got guys on here talking about BUILT D60's and Hydro Assit and other bull shit. The Original poster never said he needed a ROCK Crawling LEGEND of a JEEP. He said weekend trail rides and minor Off-Road. I'm not doubting the Rubicons capabilities. But some of you guys are recommending and pricing crap out like he was building a jeep for King of the Hammers or something.

And you can get a SPORT with the M220 Rear Axle. IFFFFFFF you needed more in the front just get a D44 aftermarket for under 5k. No big deal no big loss.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
And *YOU* apparently don't understand a direct response to a quote by someone other than the OP.

I never intended my comment about building a 60 and full hydro to anyone other than the guy that brought up swapping in 60s and an Atlas, etc. He was trying to determine if that made sense financially. I pointed out it didn't.

And these are common upgrades in the Jeep world...hardly the stuff of KOH.
I'm sorry if I sounded like I was singling your post out. It was more of a blanket statement. My main point is for what the OP specified he could definitely do it with a SPORT. Quite easily actually if he packaged it right with the LSD Rear option.

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Some of you guys never read the actual OP's comments. You got guys on here talking about BUILT D60's and Hydro Assit and other bull shit. The Original poster never said he needed a ROCK Crawling LEGEND of a JEEP. He said weekend trail rides and minor Off-Road. I'm not doubting the Rubicons capabilities. But some of you guys are recommending and pricing crap out like he was building a jeep for King of the Hammers or something.

And you can get a SPORT with the M220 Rear Axle. IFFFFFFF you needed more in the front just get a D44 aftermarket for under 5k. No big deal no big loss.
Ah, the old 56 posts in reminder that the thread is no longer responding to the OP’s question blast.
Never gets old.
Threads go where they go.
No one owns nor controls them, nor should they.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You’re a funny dude. I just want to know where you’re getting your information from. I’m sure salesman love people like you. “Oh shit something else is better must mean it’s the only thing that can handle anything other than stock”. You are basing your statements off of previous models all I was asking was if you had any actual experience with what is currently being sold as the M200. I’m not trying to do the rubicon trail. I’m trying to get real first information on if my Jeep can handle 35s for light trailing and not rock climbing. But it’s really cool you can read a brochure.
I can read a brochure but thats not the information Im using. The D35 and D30 aren't that much different from previous generations minus the C-clips for the D35. So, I've seen with my eyes, both axles brake on the trails with 35s. A couple D30 axle tubes break, D35 axle shafts snap and destroyed ring gears.

That said, for your usage, you'll probably be ok. The D30/35 will do plenty for light use which is why the sport is equipped with them.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
That said, for your usage, you'll probably be ok. The D30/35 will do plenty for light use which is why the sport is equipped with them.
All manuals have the D44 M220 axle regardless of trim. Most sports as well with LSD option have the M220 D44 as well.

Dadams20

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Just my 2 cents - I personally chose the Sport and upgraded just a few things, like lift & tires etc. Since this is my first Jeep I wanted to take the time to become a competent driver and increase the level of my Jeep to match what I want to do - which isn't driving over 5 foot boulders and bump running it until I break an axle. That will come, just later.. Maybe it's me, but it just seems a lot have so much focus on building a rig that they may not use to the level that they really need? I could be wrong, but like I said - just my 2 cents..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Damn, gotta read all this, forgot how many pages there were when I replied

Thanks btw guys!

Dadams20

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It's the simple philosophy that's it's better to have it and not need it than the other way around. Just like it's far easier to work on something in your garage than out on the trail.

The whole philosophy of "learning to become a competent driver" is a farce. Learning on better equipped vehicles just increases your level of aptitude that much faster...like most anything else.
Learning to drive off-road properly is a farce?? Wow that’s a stretch .. I suppose he should get 40’s for sure lol .. bye Falecia!

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Waiting patiently for the shit storm to arrive:

"Get a Rubi its the most capable out of the box" (no shit)
"Get a Sport you can build it how you want it" (no shit)

Rubi owners: "Most capable out of the box"
Sport owners: "Built not bought"

Okay I've pretty much summed up the next 45 pages...

Close thread.

LOL

204.gif
You should be given admin privileges!! I’d support that.
Copy/paste everything in your summary on every one of these threads and when you ‘post reply’ w the copy/paste it locks the thread, deletes the whole thing forever and puts a three day posting ban on the last 10 authors.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

This guy has a sport with the base axles. Hes been on multiple runs ive gone too. He’s crawled over some obstacles i had to pass on. He hasnt broken it yet. Probably a matter of time. I believe he said hes planning to upgrade the axles eventually. Hes planning on going all out on it.

I got my base sport specifically with the d44/lsd rear. Im it hing for 35s for more clearance on the trails. Have to change out the fenders still. Or lift a little more. Prefer fenders and low cog.
I would have liked to get a rubi but it was about $12k more for even base rubi with auto and i was already lucky to convince the boss to spend $32k on a weekend toy when we were previously at $17k lol. Ive even thought about selling my sport now and going rubi but damn its still a big payment.

E76EE895-8D9A-4A01-874F-C23A215B4802.jpeg

618E62FA-3FC1-4E7D-96EA-E987344F8B77.jpeg

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
You should be given admin privileges!! I’d support that.
Copy/paste everything in your summary on every one of these threads and when you ‘post reply’ w the copy/paste it locks the thread, deletes the whole thing forever and puts a three day posting ban on the last 10 authors.
Lol I guess we would be banned at this point then hahaha
Sponsored