Sponsored

Stop complaining about the red dash in the Rubicon!

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
If lucky, they'll pop off. With the factory already having 3 to 4 different inserts, I hope it's an easy R&R. If so, I don't mind resurfacing and shooting them the main body color in my shop. Just need to be clean, dust free and well prepped. It would be a nice accent and a salute to first few decades of jeeps.
Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
You have a choice of dashes. You can order the Sahara dash if you want it to be conservative. Why complain?
So, its been confirmed that, for example, one can order/get the leather dash on a Rubicon?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, I think there is some potential for cool customization there. That's not my style, but I know Jeepers that would do some interesting things with it.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
After market companies might go crazy with dash inserts! But I like the red with my color JL anyway.

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Right, because the red dash doesn't even match the red paint. So weird Jeep did it this way.
That is a good point, my wife would not get a red Rebel because the interior red trim (which she loves) did not match the red used on the body.

One other thing about the Rebel, some were shipped with black trim and not red so perhaps FCA will do the same thing for those like me (shhhhhh!) that don't like the red trim.

Sponsored

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm I remember having a chrome glove box door in the CJ5.......

mjf4241

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I get that the red trim clashes with some exterior colors (punk'n, mojito, etc), but in the granite crystal with black cloth, red stitch, and red outline in Rubicon decal the red dash insert looks really good. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
I get that the red trim clashes with some exterior colors (punk'n, mojito, etc), but in the granite crystal with black cloth, red stitch, and red outline in Rubicon decal the red dash insert looks really good. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.
I agree 100% and also am getting Granite.....but Jeep should give choices for some of these other colors (which I am sure they will do eventually but maybe not MY 2018).

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I agree 100% and also am getting Granite.....but Jeep should give choices for some of these other colors (which I am sure they will do eventually but maybe not MY 2018).
+1

I ordered granite and leather. If given a choice I don’t know that I’d pick red accents over, say, black or gray/silver, but only because I’m getting older... 20 years ago I would have picked it without pause. It looks really sharp, though, and my soon to be 16 year old absolutely love it so no complaints here.

Agree with everyone saying it clashes with some of the other exterior colors. Yellow or orange with ruby red dash? Nope.

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Can anyone confirm whether Jeep is going to offer tan cloth seats in the Rubicon to be able to get the grey dash insert and white stitching? On the Jeep.com build tool it looks like the only current option for cloth seats in the Rubicon is black....so unless you spend $1495 additional for tan leather you are stuck with the red dash and stitching? I don't care much about the red dash insert because that could be changed easily enough....but there is no easy way of changing the color of the stitching.
Sponsored

Last edited: