ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
"Vast wisdom" bahaha that's hilarious!

His username should be "icopyandpaste"

No not for a few "bucks"

....because we paid for it!! We pay a premium(I paid $60K) for our Jeeps and if that comes with a warranty and a few complimentary "free" services we should be able to use it worry free.

With a new vehicle it's always a good idea to have the dealership "watch" over it until it breaks in for warranty reasons. Thereafter, start doing yourself if you choose to.

The FCA should develop a better system of caring for there vehicles in relationship with its dealerships.

Blaming the dealership for having idiot techs is like blaming a pencil for misspelling words.

The FCA is ultimately responsible for the offerings and promotions it gives to its customers, not the private owned dealership. If the dealerships are failing to provide services(done correctly) that the FCA warrants then the FCA owns that.

Oh and @Rhinebeck01 most people dont know how to do a simple oil change believe it or not or dont have the time. Nevermind other workings of the vehicle. That's total liberal logic and is complete nonsense.
That’s a lot of “shoulds” which have absolutely no basis in today’s reality.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So let me get this straight, you are advocating not documenting oil changes via doing them yourself? and your response if you have a oil related issue is ??? Please entertain us with your vast wisdom. based on your response we probably should skip all the other required maintenance also and do it our selves... Sorry I value my warranty as I am sure the vast majority does as well.
Uh, doing the maintenance yourself is not "skipping" it. It's pretty easy to document. You're being silly.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Actually three times in the post I quoted but hey......you've been here four whole days and already establishing yourself as an argumentative know it all. Just what this site needs, there's a shortage of them.
Four whole days! Lmao yep mister I've been here since March:clap:

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
I changed mine yesterday. It took less than 10 minutes, and magically my Jeep now has **5** quarts of Mobil One running through it for $34 (with filter, Autozone promotion).
"So easy that a Corleone can do it" - The Godfather

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
Actually three times in the post I quoted but hey......you've been here four whole days and already establishing yourself as an argumentative know it all. Just what this site needs, there's a shortage of them.
Lot longer than 4 days trust me

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Uh, doing the maintenance yourself is not "skipping" it. It's pretty easy to document. You're being silly.
Really enlighten us... receipts for oil and filter does not prove oil was changed, What are you going to do shoot a video of the change which still does not prove when. You do not have to have it changed at the dealer any oil change chain or shop can do it. When you consider going to the store buying the oil and filter, draining, then taking the oil to a proper disposal site, not sure what is gained (not time saved) except maybe a few $$$.

Even though I self installed my Rancho 3.5" lift and I understand the Dealer may not warranty some things because of that I still took the wrangler after installing the lift to a Tire shop to do Alignment and document Caster and other alignments were within factory specs. You have to be proactive these days.

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
No one is denying the ease of it. And sure it’s 10 mins to change it, then you have to dispose of it properly, clean the catch pan, never mind the time to get the oil and filter. I was at the dealer for 25 mins. Difference in the time is negligible.

Look, point is, I realize the level of ease the oil change is. I realize it’s not THAT much time. Point is, we shouldn’t have to. But it’s the reality we are faced with. As I said, I’ll be doing my own from here on out, it’s just pretty pathetic.
Not to mention, let something go wrong with the engine and they are going to blame you, since you did the oil change.

Sponsored

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
I brought mine in since the service receipt said they added 6 quarts. I told them it should only be 5. They said they add extra oil anyways to make sure there is always enough in there...

I have emptied close to 2 quarts of oil and the level (per the dipstick) is about where it should be...

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
As usual, Jeep dealerships don't seem to know anything about Jeeps, whether you're dealing with sales or service staff. 6 quarts is fine for the Pentastar in the JK, but this ain't a JK.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
My own conundrum: Taking it to the dealer for the oil change I can do myself better, better guarantees that the dealer and FCA will honor the warranty when engine damage results from their screwing that oil change up.

That's just not right!

: - )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I just grabbed some oil....right now O'Reilly is doing a 5qt jug of M1 for $29. But they're offering a $10 gift card via rebate (limit 2). Then Mobil is doing a $12 rebate (limit 4).

So that makes a 5qt jug of M1 $7, if you consider an O'Reilly gift card as good as cash - I do as I shop there often.

I went to WM to get the other 2 jugs 'cause they're cheaper at $23. I noticed the M1 filter in a -455 is on clearance at $4. Mobil's site claims this is for the 3.6 2011-13. So if you had a JK in those years you should be able to take advantage of Mobil's next rebate up of $17 if you buy the 5qt jug and an M1 filter (note the rebate increases by $5 from $12 to $17 but you paid an extra $4 so you made a buck right there).

The gotcha is that WM's clearance schedule is VERY regional and/or store specific, so it may not help you, but worth a look if you own an '11-13 JK.

IMG_20190428_141539352.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
That's total liberal logic and is complete nonsense.
Uh oh, bringing politics into a oil change thread, now that's some heavy kool-aid consumption!
Sponsored