www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thereā€™s only one solution left.
BBBDBE30-DADC-4D85-8EDB-35934DA0EBEF.jpeg

(Itā€™s a dummy so donā€™t go calling the ATF on me)
ROFFFLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜­ šŸ˜­ šŸ˜­ āš°

lol...TBH..if someone could make a 3D model of this that could fit over the real thing...like a cover, I'd buy it 100%. Not really as a deterrent, but for laughs lollll!

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Have you guys tried moving away from the criminals?
Thatā€™s our plan, and Iā€™m eligible to retire and leave, but weā€™re having a hard time finding a place to move. Over the last forty years Oregon and Washington have been completely overwhelmed by massive, culture-and-life-changing, migration from California and, more recently, New York and New Jersey :puke:, so we were thinking about escaping to Idaho. Unfortunately, the same thing is happening thereā€¦and in Utahā€¦ and in Colorado. The unique character of the states has been diluted, altered, or completely lost. The cowboy towns of my youth are full of urban yuppies driving Audis and Porsches, and our once pristine and robust hunting and fishing areas are now as crowded as a Walmart parking lot and nearly devoid of wildlife.

Is there a place left that has low crime, functional law enforcement, good hunting and fishing, abundant public land for wheeling, AND a decent climate?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Is there a place left that has low crime, functional law enforcement, good hunting and fishing, abundant public land for wheeling, AND a decent climate?
The northern tier of Pennsylvania. I speak from experience.

Full disclosure: "Decent climate" is subjective. We've real winters here (no, Canada doesn't hold the patent on them. ;)) I'm not bothered by snow, but it may be a turn-off for some. Spring is cool, summers are pleasant, and Autumn is largely a mix of sun and rain.

And you've my empathy regarding the social effects of transient people from New Jersey and New York.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The northern tier of Pennsylvania. I speak from experience.

Full disclosure: "Decent climate" is subjective. We've real winters here (no, Canada doesn't hold the patent on them. ;)) I'm not bothered by snow, but it may be a turn-off for some. Spring is cool, summers are pleasant, and Autumn is largely a mix of sun and rain.

And you've my empathy regarding the social effects of transient people from New Jersey and New York.
Sub 0 winter Temps were more enjoyable than the summer humidity in the year we lived in the Scranton area. You can keep both. Northern AZ is about as good a climate as you can find at an affordable price and non-yuppie filled. Average summer highs in the upper 80's with no humidity and average winter lows in the 20's with the occasional couple inches of snow that melts off same day. Factor in the requirement of abundant PUBLIC land for wheeling that the OP asked about and I personally don't think PA meets any of the requirements aside from low crime rates?

Sponsored

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
I use the Apple Air Tags.
It doesn't require any app to be installed like Tile does, but only works with Apple devices.
If someone walks by my car with an iPhone that has Bluetooth on, my Air Tag can report where it was when the person walked by.

To prevent stalking, Apple will alert a person with an iPhone if an Air Tag appears to be travelling with them that is not theirs.
They can then make it beep so they can locate it and get rid of it.
I took the speakers out of mine.

I have 2 in each car hidden very deep. Had to take a lot apart to hide them.

Cost ~$25 each.
Battery lasts ~1 year.
This exactly. Yea it'll beep but if you hide that thing where they have to work to find it, that gives you that extra time to search for where it is before they find it. We do the airtags in our vehicles as well.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Sub 0 winter Temps were more enjoyable than the summer humidity in the year we lived in the Scranton area. You can keep both.

Factor in the requirement of abundant PUBLIC land for wheeling that the OP asked about and I personally don't think PA meets any of the requirements aside from low crime rates?
One whole year, Zach? Well, that certainly makes you an authority on all things Keystone State.

Thanks for playing.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
ā€œOf course itā€™s not perfect and no guarantee of anything. But itā€™s somewhat better than nothing and itā€™s not expensive.ā€

Jeep Wrangler JL Stolen, time to start shopping again. 1665678601654

There are about 80,000 people in the city where I live. .36% actively use Tile as of this morning. It is not a foolproof way to recover a vehicle, as I said in my earlier post. Itā€™s just a suggestion I made as to one small thing that could possibly help. Everyone is free to ignore it or disregard itā€™s potential effectiveness as they see fit.
It's sound, helpful advice for sure.
Sponsored