Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Hey fam...

Venting a bit. Just got back from a trip to GA where I found some cool trails thanks to some old posts on here.

Was celebrating engagement/marriage

We got back and I still had my concealed weapon in my middle console.

Last night I opened house door and went back to grab something from jeep, pressed lock button but didn't do anything because keys were still on front house door. So I was like "oh yea, too far, got use remote"

Cant say I did or didn't. Not sure really.

This morning found my middle console opened. Wallet + gun + camera used to record trip all gone.

Im upset with myself as well as my cameras for not capturing anything and with whatever deadbeat thought taking my gun was cool.
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Seems like more thieves are roving the neighborhoods around the country at night, checking for unlocked doors, and taking anything accessible. Sorry you had that happen. Report the firearm as stolen. PSA to us all is to lock up and make sure itā€™s locked before turning in for the night.

Jdsmoke

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Healthcare
Sorry it happened. This is a lesson in what not to do w a firearm. Iā€˜ve had my car broken into (glass break) in my driveway. So now I donā€™t leave anything of real value in the car.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Unfortunately there is now yet another gun on the street and it will likely be used in crime. Happened with my cousin 35-years ago. He left his gun in his vehicle and gun was stolen.... about a month later the police told him that the gun was used in a holdup at a convenience store as I recall. i think that the ā€œsmall townā€™ police actually called my cousin one day to tell him this.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Apparently there has never been a "break in" near you where the thief just opened the car door and used the garage door opener to gain access in your neighborhood.

Leaving a firearm unattended is a no-no. This needs to be reported asap. Yes, it was on your property, you feel violated like every other person who has this happen.

The outcome would have been different if they continued into your house.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Apparently there has never been a "break in" near you where the thief just opened the car door and used the garage door opener to gain access in your neighborhood.
Try it. I think that you'll find that the opener won't work unless the ignition is turned on.

Later,
Johnny

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

Leaving a firearm unattended is a no-no. This needs to be reported asap. Yes, it was on your property, you feel violated like every other person who has this happen.

The outcome would have been different if they continued into your house.
Its funny that you posted this. ..... in 1996 we lived in Dallas and my wife left her car in our driveway (off the alleyā€™s in north Dallas) overnight but didnā€™t lock it. We were awoken in the middle of the night by our house alarm that I had installed. The thief had opened the car door, taken the garage door opener and opened the garage door in an effort to steal stuff. The garage door itself was alarmed and the theft just ran away. Nothing to steal in the car and nothing stolen in the garage.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Damn that blows. Hard lesson learned. I literally just did this this afternoon after taking my doors off. Took my son to practice, ran to the ATM, and stopped at the gas station. My vehicle was always within view for the 5 minutes I left it. Once I got back to my sons practice, for some reason I decided to check my center console and found my pistol I had left in there from my trip this passed weekend. Bonehead move on my end. Kicking myself in the ass for leaving it there but it coulda been much worse.

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Its funny that you posted this. ..... in 1996 we lived in Dallas and my wife left her car in our driveway (off the alleyā€™s in north Dallas) overnight but didnā€™t lock it. We were awoken in the middle of the night by our house alarm that I had installed. The thief had opened the car door, taken the garage door opener and opened the garage door in an effort to steal stuff. The garage door itself was alarmed and the theft just ran away. Nothing to steal in the car and nothing stolen in the garage.
Very common in Dallas.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Try it. I think that you'll find that the opener won't work unless the ignition is turned on.

Later,
Johnny
lots of the rest of the world use openers that are not programmed into their optioned opener. I was not talking about the on board opener.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I hate to lecture but even if the doors are locked, a firearm should be secured inside another locked container like a safe within the Jeep. Even then it should not be left there overnight.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to lecture but even if the doors are locked, a firearm should be secured inside another locked container like a safe within the Jeep. Even then it should not be left there overnight.
True be that Only place a loaded weapon should be is on your person Otherwise it should be unloaded and in a secured place away from ammo This is a way to lose your concealed license

JIMAC 25 year retired CLEET Investigator

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Later,
Johnny
You are correct. The push to start has to be in the run position, which wonā€™t happen without the key fob inside the Jeep.
Sponsored