UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Let's see if I can dumb this down: Come home from work, deflate the tires. Oops forgot milk got to go to the store but first....pump up tires and then go. Back home deflate the tires. Oh crap, I was supposed to go over to my friends house to pick up something but first....pump up tires and then go. Back home deflate the tires. Can't wait until tomorrow to go to work....right after I inflate the tires again!

If the vehicle was going to sit for an extended amount of time (weeks / months) it might be a deterrent.

Are you doing the thing with your tires before your rig gets stolen? If not, why not?
Canā€™t forget Zombie attacks, munchie attacks, fires, earthquake, medical emergencies either. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
If we love our Wranglers so much, we need to demonstrate it. If we hate thieves so much, we need to show it by being willing to sacrifice what we love to stop them.

The solution is obvious. We need to equip our Wranglers with massive high explosive charges wired to long range transmitters. When our Wranglers are not where we left them and our GPS trackers show them on the move against our wishes, we need to have the crust to detonate. Whether on a back road, a trail, or on the interstate, being blown to smithereens is one of the few things that will get a thief's attention!
I like it... but before we blow the thugs to smithereens can we lock them inside and force them to listen to Justin Bieber for one full hour???

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
This bad advice is pure Internet. Even if the vehicle isn't ever stolen, it guarantees the owner will be on the hook for new tires. Fully deflating them even once may permanently damage the sidewalls. That's, like, a bit worse than "potentially annoying".
I light my Jeep on fire every time I park it this way it's too hot to drive. Lol

Sponsored

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392
I light my Jeep on fire every time I park it this way it's too hot to drive. Lol
Parking in the sun in the AZ summer is a similar approach.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
JSFOSTER and Trailscooter, you should be carrying concealed. The safest place for you and your firearm is to have it handy.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
JSFOSTER and Trailscooter, you should be carrying concealed. The safest place for you and your firearm is to have it handy.

I carry at least two at all times... šŸ„“

besides, Texas just got constitutional carry and ATF free suppressors.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stolen 2021 JLURD shutterstock_81248260

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
I carry at least two at all times... šŸ„“
besides, Texas just got constitutional carry and ATF free suppressors.
Texas law allows you to shoot someone as they are stealing your vehicle from your proerty. All other states, you need to wave goodbye, then call 911. Gotta love the Lone Star state.

"Sec. 9.41
Protection of Oneā€™s Own Property
(a)A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the otherā€™s trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.

"

Sponsored

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Warning: you won't go to jail, but you will get you azz sued off by the widow. No jeep is worth that, especially an insured one.

Still, gotta love Texas for having this in the books. It shows they are serious about crime.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
If we love our Wranglers so much, we need to demonstrate it. If we hate thieves so much, we need to show it by being willing to sacrifice what we love to stop them.

The solution is obvious. We need to equip our Wranglers with massive high explosive charges wired to long range transmitters. When our Wranglers are not where we left them and our GPS trackers show them on the move against our wishes, we need to have the crust to detonate. Whether on a back road, a trail, or on the interstate, being blown to smithereens is one of the few things that will get a thief's attention!
I'm down with this.

If you catch them then shoot them in the face. Twice.

If not, download the dashcam as you detonate the charge under the seat.

I wouldn't even file an insurance claim. It would be worth the cost of a new jeep to set the example.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Texas law allows you to shoot someone as they are stealing your vehicle from your proerty. All other states, you need to wave goodbye, then call 911. Gotta love the Lone Star state.

"Sec. 9.41
Protection of Oneā€™s Own Property
(a)A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the otherā€™s trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.

"

There are a few other gems in chapter 9 of the Texas criminal codes.:like:

... and yes, I lub my state. I have had second homes from one coast to other and several places in between. Although I have been tempted in a few states; I find myself trying to buy more of Texas.:blush:

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
And this is why I am getting the Ravelco security system installed in both my Jeep and my wife's mustang.
Problem is that people lose/misplace/get-pick-pocketed of their key chains way more often than they have their vehicles stolen.

Have you thought about what would happen if you are on a trip and lose/drop the stupid Ravelco plug?