Stolen 2020 JLUD

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
The question is moot because Missouri law allows the use of deadly force in defense of property. The MO Attorney General has already moved for dismissal and the Governor said he'd pardon them.
yes I did state in an early post that MO has a "castle doctrine" and agree they have the right to defend their property if their property was threatened
Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
did you watch them walk though an open gate in the video and me state who knows what happened after the fact. The claim was that the couple heard them smash through the gate when entering the community and the gate is shown open and intact with people walking through.
Look at the photo you posted. It's not open, it's been destroyed. I can't tell if you're trolling, ignorant, or blind.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
At what point did this post get derailed??

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
community gate which was open, not their property gate.
Just to be clear, you guys are arguing over the wrong thing. Portland Place is basically an original HOA before they were popularized (late 1800’s) The street, and gate is private property to that community. Everyone was trespassing, albeit peacefully. There was no “mob”, but theguy did have the right to just call the police. Not sure that would have helped, but running out of the house like a fool with guns blazing is not a level headed response. This guy has a history constant conflict, and enjoys his type of attorney work - I’ll leave it with that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Just to be clear, you guys are arguing over the wrong thing. Portland Place is basically an original HOA before they were popularized. The street, and gate is private property to that community. Everyone was trespassing, albeit peacefully. There was no “mob”, but they guy did have the right to just call the police. Not sure that would have helped, but running out of the house like a fool with guns blazing is not level headed response. This guy has a history constant conflict, and enjoys his type of attorney work - I’ll leave it with that.
Yes, call the police. They've done a great job recently at protecting their citizens there. Wonder why that didn't cross his mind?

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I can't believe these geniuses on here are condemning protection of property and life. Everyone talks a good game until it happens to them. Put yourself in their place and see if you come up with the same actions. On second thought, folks like you would probably surrender and join the mob.

These nut jobs need to be stopped and put in jail like every other law breaker.

My mother was put in a position in New York State (upstate, not the city) where she lowered the boom on a guy breaking into her house. The 12 gauge spoke very loudly with both barrels and his life of crime ended.

Let's stop sticking up for the criminals.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
community gate which was open, not their property gate.
A gated community is still private property. That's why it's, you know, gated.

Everyone was trespassing, albeit peacefully.
Perhaps on Planet CNN, but here in the United States, peaceful trespassing isn't a thing, especially after destroying property to do so.

Not sure that would have helped, but running out of the house like a fool with guns blazing is not a level headed response. This guy has a history constant conflict, and enjoys his type of attorney work - I’ll leave it with that.
Brandishing deadly weapons, but not firing a single round, to defend one's own property because the police failed miserably to do their job seems pretty level headed to me. The attorney can be an annoying asshole who enjoys conflict all he wants. That doesn't deprive him of his rights or his freedom to execute them.

EDIT: The last two quotes are from a member who apparently doesn't exist anymore, so his original statements were no longer appearing in this reply. I've edited them to appear without a name, but they aren't from gqgambler.

Last edited:

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I live in the St. Louis area, not far from where this happened. The local news reported that the protesters walked through an unlocked gate, not broke it down. Trespassing maybe, but not threatening any homeowners personal property.

However, the wife was standing in her front yard with a handgun pointed at them and her finger on the trigger. She should have been charged with assault.

SoCalWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
Occupation
Engineer/ Real Estate Agent
Vehicle Showcase
Hey OP, this happened to me albiet due to different circumstances. Make sure you have account of all mods/belongings on your vehicle and are able to verify at least some of them via photos. The police likely will find your jeep, just hope that they find it after your payout. You will want that over getting the jeep back as stolen jeeps normally come back chopped and heavily abused to a point where no one will want it.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Just to be clear, you guys are arguing over the wrong thing. Portland Place is basically an original HOA before they were popularized (late 1800’s) The street, and gate is private property to that community. Everyone was trespassing, albeit peacefully. There was no “mob”, but theguy did have the right to just call the police. Not sure that would have helped, but running out of the house like a fool with guns blazing is not a level headed response. This guy has a history constant conflict, and enjoys his type of attorney work - I’ll leave it with that.
“Guns blazing” - did they fire a shot? Call the police who have been castrated by politicians whose opinions cater to law breakers?
Sponsored