Stolen 2020 JLUD

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
Add one of these on each axle with a proximity alarm system. Once stolen, you don't want to find your ride. Anti theft will soon replace seat belts as primary required equipment.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stolen 2020 JLUD Boot

Last edited:

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Look at it as a gift. Anything you wanted to do over, now you can.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The Sport model, with the base radio, has no connection to the outside world. No navigation, no homelink, no reports to FCA when you are due for an oil change, no "find my jeep" functionality, nada. As for the dealer installed GPS tracking units there are threads here about it, usually titled "what is this".
This is 100% correct. The internet connection and GPS are inside the 8.4" unit. If you unplug it, no more tracking!

Any competent thief would use a tow truck. You could hook up one side and drag it off in less than 30 seconds.

The JL (AFAIK) doesn't have any kinda tilt/movement/hood sensor on the alarm system. SO once they hook the Jeep and get it a block or two away, they could unplug the battery and the radio.

If the system was designed properly, the radio would ping the Uconnect server when it lost power and especially when the manual park override is pulled. But of course it doesn't lol.

The best way to deter thieves is with several very visible cameras. It's not a 100% guarantee, but it'll definitely keep a lot of the lazy ones away. A hood lock also helps, but yeah. if someone really wants to take your car, unfortunately they will.

Honestly, I'd much rather someone steal my car out of my driveway than when I was near/in it!

Sponsored

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
Well, then they should expect MANY more crimes to be met with deadly force, absent arrest and trial.
Unfortunately you can't defend property with deadly force, only life. Unless of course you want to give up your life to jail time. And UNFORTUNATELY is the key word here, as I have zero tolerance for criminals of any kind or level.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Unfortunately if you erase some human scum stealing anything from you, you will be the one prosecuted. Look at what the couple in MO are facing for just 'brandishing' a weapon when people are breaking and entering onto their property.
Well, the law covering that is MO 563.041, despite what the crusader prosecutor in St. Louis thinks. The governor has already said he'd pardon them if convicted.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Unfortunately you can't defend property with deadly force, only life. Unless of course you want to give up your life to jail time. And UNFORTUNATELY is the key word here, as I have zero tolerance for criminals of any kind or level.
Not true in Missouri, one can use deadly force to protect third parties and even property. Criminals injured while committing a crime can not sue and the family of criminals killed while committing a crime can not sue.

https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSection.aspx?section=563.031

This is the one that covers property:

https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSection.aspx?section=563.041

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
...I don’t keyless entry so leaving the key fob isn’t a possibility.
Couldn't buy a Rubicon without one. Killed the deal for me. FCA just couldn't understand.

Sponsored

CBDoil

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I am sorry that happened, man. I would be crushed! I hope everything works out for the best.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
Modern judicial and police indifference to property crime are today's incentives. There's simply no risk to modern theft practice. Laws must change to favor risk to the point that the victim can rise to say, "Alright, who feels lucky?"

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
in Missouri,
Was born in Maryville. All my blood from Skidmore. Remember McElroy? Stayed with uncle on the way to Cincinnati; doing fireworks, watched McElroy tear up a widow's corn field with his big 4WD pickup the weekend before he was checked out. Whole town pleaded for a year with law enforcement and politicians to do something. Well, not much theft or crime in that part of the country any longer. Info on Google is wrong. Only one gunshot professionally served. McElroy slumped over, foot on gas, engine maxxed revved for a solid 8 minutes, McElroy was gone well before the engine quit. No one saw anything. Wish the West hadn't turned so touchy feely liberal.

1981.jpg