First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I live in the St. Louis area, not far from where this happened. The local news reported that the protesters walked through an unlocked gate, not broke it down. Trespassing maybe, but not threatening any homeowners personal property.

However, the wife was standing in her front yard with a handgun pointed at them and her finger on the trigger. She should have been charged with assault.
You probably should move to California. Who did she assault?
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
You probably should move to California. Who did she assault?
Under Georgia law she could be charged with simple assault. If the prosecutor was anti 2A the charge could be aggravated assault. Not saying that it should be that way but just be sure that you know the laws in your state before brandishing a firearm.

Later,
Johnny

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
If the prosecutor was anti 2A
Key words.. most could care less about liberty and freedom.. they're extorting money from this 'wealthy' couple. This is justice in the US. If you're poor you get a pass, but if you're rich.. oh boy. The lawyers know the judges.. and you're ripe fruit.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Under Georgia law she could be charged with simple assault. If the prosecutor was anti 2A the charge could be aggravated assault. Not saying that it should be that way but just be sure that you know the laws in your state before brandishing a firearm.

Later,
Johnny
True in Georgia. Had the media not tried the couple unfairly, usually this can be pleaded to disorderly conduct which lowers a misdemeanor to infraction and later on can be expunged in most states. It’ll be interesting to see how this unfolds and what precedents get set. This is so over done from the hateful, destructing media.
Good observation.

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
With the 'defund police' expect it to get worse. Police already cared about property crimes.
Defunding the police will allow them to spend more time on 'real' crimes instead. Example: Funds will be taken from police budgets that will be used to hire counselors to take over investigating family and psychological situations. At least that is the theory.

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Defunding the police will allow them to spend more time on 'real' crimes instead. Example: Funds will be taken from police budgets that will be used to hire counselors to take over investigating family and psychological situations. At least that is the theory.
Respectfully disagree. First everyone will have their own definition of "real" crimes. Biggest loophole that will fly in the face of years of writing and enacting laws that define all crimes. The Lip-Tards think police are causing the problems so their intent is to eventually abolish the police because all of the "money spent" will cure all of the intent for crimes.

Look through history and see what actually had an effect on lawlessness. Oh, arrest and punishment. These folks with the media are the most dangerous threat America has.

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt jk
I usually don’t comment on political discussions but it really bothers me when people talk about defunding the people who risk their lives to protect mine... i think they need more money not less... money for training, body cams and whatever else they need... i did come up with a solution that would make everyone happy... if we give those who want to defund the police the ability to opt out of police support and use the extra money for counselors and then when someone robs them, assaults Them Etc etc etc they can send them a counselor

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
The JLU shifts into park automatically if the micro-switch on the handbrake is active.
Hide a toggle switch that simulates that condition. Very easy mod.

This is in response to the hacking devices. Sucks your Jeep was stolen and hopefully the insurance company has your back.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
this 'wealthy' couple.
Seems the McCloskeys, both lawyers, might be the political type (we all know them) playing both sides as a matter of convenience and self promotion. One article mentions they financially supported BLM. Missouri does not require registering a political association in order to vote. In reading about the McCloskeys it's difficult to determine their political bent at any given moment. One may assume when they supported BLM and associated political representatives, they were also supporting gun control. This incident may alter their commitment structure, and soon their fortune. Having it both ways soon fades as strangers with agendas encroach on your vulnerable make believe world.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Seems the McCloskeys, both lawyers, might be the political type (we all know them) playing both sides as a matter of convenience and self promotion. One article mentions they financially supported BLM. Missouri does not require registering a political association in order to vote. In reading about the McCloskeys it's difficult to determine their political bent at any given moment. One may assume when they supported BLM and associated political representatives, they were also supporting gun control. This incident may alter their commitment structure, and soon their fortune. Having it both ways soon fades as strangers with agendas encroach on your vulnerable make believe world.
So, by (allegedly) donating to a cause that (purportedly) aims to stem racism, they relinquished their rights to bare arms and defend themselves from an unruly mob? Is that actually what you are stating?

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I usually don’t comment on political discussions but it really bothers me when people talk about defunding the people who risk their lives to protect mine... i think they need more money not less... money for training, body cams and whatever else they need... i did come up with a solution that would make everyone happy... if we give those who want to defund the police the ability to opt out of police support and use the extra money for counselors and then when someone robs them, assaults Them Etc etc etc they can send them a counselor
Well that addresses the victim but does nothing to stop the crime. I know what you meant, give them what they are willing to pay for but just like pets and kids: "if there are no consequences, behavior doesn't change". (that could be positive or negative consequences)

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The JLU shifts into park automatically if the micro-switch on the handbrake is active.
Hide a toggle switch that simulates that condition. Very easy mod.

This is in response to the hacking devices. Sucks your Jeep was stolen and hopefully the insurance company has your back.
It seems that whoever stole the OP's Jeep doesn't care about security devices. Nice suggestion to deter the average goof ball, but won't work for a professional thief.

On the other hand (no offense intended) leaving your vehicle unlocked and no top on does invite "thief inspection" for a much easier hit. My simple rule is always lock your vehicle even if you're just going into a convenient store for a soda. That could make the difference.

I do appreciate the OP's honesty in telling us these facts.

Sorry for your loss!

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
Is that actually what you are stating?
So, by (allegedly) donating to a cause that (purportedly) aims to stem racism
Any answer I would give would be meaningless to you in what I see as a reading comprehension disability or factual denialism (In the psychology of human behavior, denialism is a person's choice to deny reality as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth). So I'm limited to leave my comment to your own interpretation regardless of what it is. Perhaps you can draw a conclusion from the below sources regarding what these people should expect as a result of their actions which seem in conflict with whatever they seem to support whenever it's convenient to do so.

Fact check by PolitiFact: Half True
Fact check by Snopes.com: Mixture

MarxistBLM.jpg

NewEra.jpg

SteppingUP.jpg