Sponsored

Stock Wrangler vs Stock Bronco Offroading

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Maybe Kevin meant the Bronco did better than he initially thought it would compared to the Wrangler?

If anything, this video shows me the Jeep is the more capable vehicle for these conditions, and Kevin's driving skills surpassed the skills of all the other drivers involved.
maybe so but this was his reply to this question " Wait are you hinting that the oem Bronco can compete and maybe do some obstacles a bit better than an oem Rubicon on 35? Cant be... " response " The bronco I think did better really " i have watched alot of their videos and will say kevin can drive and he does test the limits of these vehicles.
Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
That lift Bronco with the mud bogger tires on it going up the hill... I had to look away... ready to hear the SNAP of the axle or CV at any second.
That ding dong has like 8 soft steel washers on the lower A-arm. Why in the F would something think that's a reasonable idea?

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Independent front suspension with CV boots. šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ The aftermarket will have a straight axle kit for Bronco. A jeep wrangler conversion Lol. Just like the IFS FJ cruiser , And every IFS Toyota pickup and 4Runner. They all throw away the IFS for a nice straight axle when itā€™s time to get serious.

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
40s and 37s are not going to work on that IFS system. The bronco did great with the light 35s, and the front bumper being tucked up closer to grille, but I cringed every time they turned the wheel full lock. You need to throw down some serious money on a long travel kit like Dirt King, or MarlinCrawler's RCLT kit to go rock crawling comfortably. Kevin even says that its only a matter of time before those CV axles fail.

I actually like the new Lite Brite Bronco videos, its cool to see them go off road and deal with limitations again. I hoping to see them add mods that the average Bronco owner could do. I was sick of their newer content, the Step Child is a beast and it would be cool to see it challenged more on trails like the one's in 24 hours of hell and back instead of just promoting their E3 stuff. Also Chirs is pretty cool to watch, gives a similar vibe to dirt lifestyle.

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
2 out of 3 Broncos damaged and the Jeep is only scratched. :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:
Question? Will the 392 with CV joints end up like the Bronco CV joint, BROKE!

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Question? Will the 392 with CV joints end up like the Bronco CV joint, BROKE!
I would think that the CVs in the Solid Axle Jeeps would hold up better because they are not being put at extreme angles like the ISF CVs.

When you start breaking CVs in the Jeeps, you need to upgrade to RCV parts

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Stock vs Stock?
2 minutes into the video they go modify the 'stock' Bronco front suspension.
jeez - cut them a little slack. The JL wasn't stock either - had 35s

The mod on their Bronco was a preventative measure for trail damage - I wouldn't say it really enhanced anything. Honestly, I can't blame them a bit. Last thing I'd want to do to a new vehicle, (Jeep, Bronco, whatever) is tear something like that up on the trail

If I remember right - they even called this out. Basically said that this was stock vs stock but both made to equal each other as much as possible.

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Wrangler vs Stock Bronco Offroading 1B64F832-E853-4177-978F-5A5FD5623CED

Thought this was interestingā€¦I am interested in seeing what Metalcloak comes up with for the Bronco! Carli is working on some stuff too. I jumped ship from Bronco last year and donā€™t regret it at all. My GF has a 2 door Sasquatch 2.7 on order that Iā€™ll definitely get to wheel/play with some. Looking forward to seeing what it can do! More options the better as far as Iā€™m concerned, competition is a good thing.

JayOntheMoon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wrangler unlimited willys(ordered)
Subaru has forums too, if you prefer dirt roads...
Hahaha LMAO
That is a typical Subaru driver for sure.
I got my first Subaru Outback in 2021 because my fatherā€™s a ā€œSubaru fanboyā€ and sold it right after buying it brand new. It is that kind of brand who knows marketing a lot better than how to make a good adventure vehicle. I donā€™t use the termā€off road vehicleā€ because Subaru absolutely knows nothing or simply isnā€™t willing to make such kind of vehicles. Anyway, I became a Subaru hater since then. The Garbage CVT, the weak AWD(yea itā€™s weak, far far far far from the simplest and cheapest 4wd), the VERY bad mpg in town(that CVT handles mpg really bad when your speed varies, it performs good on a static speed like on highway though), the worst-ever bumper-cracking approach angle. Heck, that thing is nothing other than a boring sluggish modern shitbox. Itā€™s a nightmare for adventure seekers. Definitely.

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Not to get too off topic, but I had an Outback 3.6R previously and I enjoyed the vehicle and have nothing bad to say about it. I for sure like my Wrangler more, but the Outback was a solid car.

People crap on the CVT, but I say if you did a blindfold test of a new Subaru Outback CVT versus a standard automatic my hypothesis is that 99% of people aren't going to be able to tell the difference. Its leaps and bounds different than the old CVT's.

Also, I am really not sure how you can crap on the AWD, it speaks for itself really. Just throwing my difference of opinion out there.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
TFL has had mixed results with Subarus over the years.

They really liked an old 1970s Subaru 4WD wagon they had for awhile.

Then they tried an Outback a year or two ago: they liked it in the snow but not on the trail; the CVT simply wasn't up to the task.

Most recently they got a 2021 CrossTrek. Similar deal: it is a fine daily driver and snow commuter, but the ā€œoff-roadā€ looks of the vehicle are not backed up by its mechanicals.

All in all they really like Subarus as cars, but not as trucks.
Sponsored