Stock Wrangler vs Stock Bronco Offroading

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
These people again? I’ve written them off as clickbait spam months ago.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...res-list-25-noted-so-far-jan-12-update.31951/

This makes for interesting reading. It’s a shame all those positive press reviews flooded in months before your average Joe could see a Bronco in person. Would like to see what long term tests look like.

Also, one of the posters makes a good point. The 25 or so cases reported are from forum members, who purchased/received a 2.7 Bronco, have driven 1k or more miles already, and are willing to post about their engine failures publicly. Not an insignificant number.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. That link is to the same thread posted at the start of this one.

Agree: this has the potential to affect a lot more Bronco owners still.

The thread was started only 2 weeks ago; since then 25 forum members with blown engines have been identified. That’s a dozen blown engines a week.

Apparently that’s not “very many” for the unaffected Ford diehards...

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
These people again? I’ve written them off as clickbait spam months ago.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...res-list-25-noted-so-far-jan-12-update.31951/

This makes for interesting reading. It’s a shame all those positive press reviews flooded in months before your average Joe could see a Bronco in person. Would like to see what long term tests look like.

Also, one of the posters makes a good point. The 25 or so cases reported are from forum members, who purchased/received a 2.7 Bronco, have driven 1k or more miles already, and are willing to post about their engine failures publicly. Not an insignificant number.

On a side-note, that thread's OP is posted by a user Lucchesse with a picture of a boot made by that company (presumably). Good boot, terrible customer service.

Sponsored

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Billet Silver JLU
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Having no experience at all in rock climbing, just a little common sense. Seems like experience both in the driver and spotter and vehicle capabilities plays a big part on making it look semi easy. Hats off to all of them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Wrangler vs Stock Bronco Offroading Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 7.19.38 PM

But did anyone see this, what looks like a jerry rigged, washer happy bolt on the white bronco?

EMpunker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6
Maybe Kevin meant the Bronco did better than he initially thought it would compared to the Wrangler?

If anything, this video shows me the Jeep is the more capable vehicle for these conditions, and Kevin's driving skills surpassed the skills of all the other drivers involved.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Bronco driver clearly has more skill and experience, but despite editing efforts, the Jeep still looked like the more capable "stock" vehicle.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Meh. I think this summer when there are more Bronco’s released and driven by regular Joe’s on the trail we’ll see a more comprehensive look at the Bronco.

Until then influencers will continue to hop on the band wagon simply because it’s the new hotness and tout it’s perceived advantages over Jeep.

My hope is that Ford hasn’t set a whole bunch of people up for failure with their promise of off-roading made easy via the GOAT modes. People with no experience taking on challenges beyond their ability because they believe the turn of a dial will make them pros. It may make for a wild summer on the trails.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
They are pretty close, I think the Jeep articulates a little bit better even with the Bronco's swaybar disconnect.
When I was looking to buy, there were rumors of the upcoming Bronco. I thought it might be cheaper and easier to get than the Wrangler. If it was available I would have looked at both but as it turned out the Bronco was delayed significantly so I bought a JLU Sport. Then when the Bronco was available it turns out it is more expensive than the Wrangler.

jlc64uk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2021 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal
Vehicle Showcase
In case you guys still haven't heard, the 2.7 EcoBust has started blowing up for a number of Bronco owners. So far there are 25 confirmed cases in the Bronco6G forum community alone. They all blew up at 1,500 - 2,000 miles.

Repairs, once approved by Ford, are expected to take up to six months.

appears that it might be a bad batch of valves connected to a specific date range in production schedule from last year

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Wrangler vs Stock Bronco Offroading FB_IMG_1613947214829

But did anyone see this, what looks like a jerry rigged, washer happy bolt on the white bronco?
[/QUOTE]

I saw that. Im thinking it was a steering stop something??? Looks like shit whatever it is!

Also, the bolt for the tie rod (rod end and high misalignment spacer) seems to be loose or stretched or broken. I’m thinking is stretched, but that’s too much, so I don’t know?

And someone making Bronco parts that doesn’t know how to figure out how much lift the stock cv’s can handle before self destructing………………

Annnnnnnd, water in the front tires of a stock based ifs………….all I can do at this point is shake my head.

Oh yeah, one more thing. It looks like the spindle at the lower ball joint is bent down.

milesjj_20

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
My anxiety could only handle 20 minutes of that video and I skipped through most of that, too. I think I will stick to flat surfaces.
Sponsored