First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I posted elsewhere that it's approximately 1:1,000 Broncos with 2.7L to date (approximately 25 out of 25,000 Broncos). That thread got deleted. Guess the number(s) when presented that way was too high.
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The aftermarket is going to make a bundle selling steering components, CVs, that thiny to keep the rack from coming apart, etc to overcome these issues. Just 2 inches of suspension lift caused them issues.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I posted elsewhere that it's approximately 1:1,000 Broncos with 2.7L to date (approximately 25 out of 25,000 Broncos). That thread got deleted. Guess the number(s) when presented that way was too high.
The thread was NOT deleted. The mods moved it to the Issues, Repairs, Recalls, Warranty, TSBs section; it is already 37 pages long. Most of the recent posts is from Ford fanboys claiming "there's nothing to see here."

Thing is, Bronco owners have only started to see the issue "pop" up. Most of these failures are happening at 1,500 to 2,000 miles. There are rumors that there was a batch of defective engines produced between June and August 2021, but apparently there is nothing yet from Ford providing a definite count, so at this point it is anyone's guess how many more 2.7s are yet to blow up.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
PS - apparently two Ford engineers raised the alarm of defective valves a few months back, but their emails went ignored and their posts got removed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The thread was NOT deleted. The mods moved it to the Issues, Repairs, Recalls, Warranty, TSBs section; it is already 37 pages long. Most of the recent posts is from Ford fanboys claiming "there's nothing to see here."

Thing is, Bronco owners have only started to see the issue "pop" up. Most of these failures are happening at 1,500 to 2,000 miles. There are rumors that there was a batch of defective engines produced between June and August 2021, but apparently there is nothing yet from Ford providing a definite count, so at this point it is anyone's guess how many more 2.7s are yet to blow up.
The first post in that thread (linked in an earlier post here) has build dates showing which ones, yes

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The first post in that thread (linked in an earlier post here) has build dates showing which ones, yes
Indeed. But if I recall correctly, those dates were obtained through rumors that a “supplier” —Ford’s favorite word every time it wants to deflect blame— had produced a number of defective valves.

I don’t believe Ford has provided an official account of what happened, when, where and to how many.

But I could be off; the story keeps evolving by the hour.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I was shocked watching the video after Kevin posted on the bronco forum that he thought the bronco did better then the wrangler. it didn’t look that way in the video.
the Bronco did fine. It has big tires, good ground clearance and lockers. But the spotting and good driving made it happen. That did not look fun or safe at all, and I would have not done it if I was in the Bronco.

The Jeep look very obviously more comfortable off road and did better.

Theyre somewhat biased towards Ford. jeep told these two to fuck off a few years ago while Ford is bending over and supporting them. i dont blame him, Id be vouching for Ford too. It is good for the business and he is not being overly biased. This is their job and source of income.

He could make the case and argue that Bronco did better as it is somewhat subjective.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time

My post wasn't on B6G, another forum

Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
The Jeep look very obviously more comfortable off road and did better.
That was my perception as well. The Wrangler appeared to be much more at ease. This despite Kevin being an excellent driver who we know had been on this trail multiple times before.

I expect the Bronco after market to catch up on engineering but the fact that two of the Broncos had steering failures was a concern about how much more costly it is going to be to get the Bronco to the same level as a Wrangler (one of the Broncos merely had 37s). Hell, the wrangler didn't need any steering "upgrades" and clearly LB thought that their stock bronco on stock 35s needed reinforcement out of the box says a lot.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
That was my perception as well. The Wrangler appeared to be much more at ease. This despite Kevin being an excellent driver who we know had been on this trail multiple times before.

I expect the Bronco after market to catch up on engineering but the fact that two of the Broncos had steering failures was a concern about how much more costly it is going to be to get the Bronco to the same level as a Wrangler (one of the Broncos merely had 37s). Hell, the wrangler didn't need any steering "upgrades" and clearly LB thought that their stock bronco on stock 35s needed reinforcement out of the box says a lot.
Was going to point out the same, they beefed up the steering parts straight away. Can’t say I blame them, it was probably a smart move.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque

In the video Kevin even admits the wrangler feels more stable. So i dont understand how he believes the bronco did better.
Sponsored