Sponsored

Stock trail info- Old Dale road

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara unlimited 2018
I have a question for you. I will fly from Montreal, Quebec to San Francisco. Will rent a Wrangler JL. I will drive towards LA and go to Joshua park. Do you think i can do the Old Dale road with a stock sport without any damage? (I am driving toward Las Vegas and would be a nice path).

Thanks.
Sponsored

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
I've done berdoo canyon in Joshua tree and painted canyon close by to that and also drove along the shore of the salton sea. Berdoo was fun, might have to slow down at one or two parts but I'm basically stock and it was fine. Painted canyon was basically just a dirt road and short, I did it at night so didn't get to really see anything cool otherwise there's a little hike to get to some ladders or something like that. I also brought a gun to berdoo for some target practice, you can shoot in the blm portion. I would recommend berdoo as it meets up with the geology tour rd. From there you can get to old dale rd on the way out I think.

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Great area to enjoy from the concrete jungle of Los Angeles. I thought the road was super easy in a stock JLUR.

Sponsored

JEEPIAN

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2DR
I've done Old Dale rd southbound in a stock '18 JLU Sport. Aired down and did it in a few hours with a pal. We took our time and searched for the mines. Came down gently on the rock rails once, but it could have been avoided. Didn't involve more than a paint scratch. Just take your time, plan your path, and enjoy the desert.

JEEPIAN

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2DR
Also, if you're headed from SF to Vegas I HIGHLY recommend doing Titus Canyon and Racetrack in Death Valley if you have the time. J Tree is amazing but Old Dale doesn't show all the uniqueness of the park. Whereas Titus Canyon and the Racetrack Playa are just amazing. DM me if you want more spots to check out.

OP
OP

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara unlimited 2018
Also, if you're headed from SF to Vegas I HIGHLY recommend doing Titus Canyon and Racetrack in Death Valley if you have the time. J Tree is amazing but Old Dale doesn't show all the uniqueness of the park. Whereas Titus Canyon and the Racetrack Playa are just amazing. DM me if you want more spots to check out.
Thanks for the information. After leaving Vegas we are going in Death Valey toward MonoLake (Lee Vining).

But it is mostly doing the trail alone with no cell signal and not equipped at all! No air comp, shovel, jack, spill kit, etc... Not sure will any challengeable trails.

JEEPIAN

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2DR
Thanks for the information. After leaving Vegas we are going in Death Valey toward MonoLake (Lee Vining).

But it is mostly doing the trail alone with no cell signal and not equipped at all! No air comp, shovel, jack, spill kit, etc... Not sure will any challengeable trails.
A lot of DV is fine without that stuff if you drive carefully. Titus Canyon is no problem. The road to Racetrack Playa is washboards for an hour so at worst it's uncomfortable without airing down. Get a few maps, download some music and podcasts, and take a camera. I did DV alone almost identical to how you're doing it. Virtually no gear and it was fine.
Sponsored