First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sport (totaled). 2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician Ibew
Just changed out my stock track bar for a rough Country adjustable one, wasn’t necessarily having any issues. I’m I just thought that with my new 37s I should probably beef stuff up a little and I guess I did get a little shimmy over rougher roads but I didn’t think much of it. Well once I got the stock Trackbar out I noticed the bushing on the frame side was incredibly loose I could move the sleeve by hand with very little effort. Got the new bar installed and I can’t believe how different the Jeep drives. Much less body roll and generally everything just feels much stiffer. Not really a review on the new but more a warning, my Jeep is a 2019 with 6000ish miles on it and the stock track bar seems to be shot
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I was actually impressed that the joint appeared to be some form of SRE, I was just expecting a rubber bushing when I yanked my stock track bar

That said, I was in such a hurry I only briefly glanced at it then threw it in the pile of stock parts on the floor - I don't know if these stock "SRE's" are worth a damn? I don't know if they're truly an SRE or just a poor facsimile...

Anyway unless there was any actual slop (not movement but actual play as in physical gaps between pieces due to wear) in your joint it's unlikely it was affecting the way the vehicle drives.

OP
OP
Cornfed

Cornfed

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sport (totaled). 2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician Ibew
I was actually impressed that the joint appeared to be some form of SRE, I was just expecting a rubber bushing when I yanked my stock track bar

That said, I was in such a hurry I only briefly glanced at it then threw it in the pile of stock parts on the floor - I don't know if these stock "SRE's" are worth a damn? I don't know if they're truly an SRE or just a poor facsimile...

Anyway unless there was any actual slop (not movement but actual play as in physical gaps between pieces due to wear) in your joint it's unlikely it was affecting the way the vehicle drives.
I don’t know much about how any of this stuff works but I know the bushing on the other end of the track bar and both the bushings in the rc Trackbar are tight enough that I couldn’t move them by hand at all. I’ve put some miles on with the new track bar and I can’t believe how much tighter everything feels. I really wasn’t expecting this to be a performance upgrade lol. I haven’t done much wrenching on a vehicle before so it’s all uncharted territory to me. As far as my steering I feel like it’s been pretty good just a couple pieces of shitty road that definitely gave my steering wheel a little shake nothing crazy but I wanted to upgrade before it got worse I guess.
Sponsored