Stock tire pressure?

Nevets

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I bought a Sahara Unlimited about a month ago. The dealer swapped out the stock "All Season" tires for the stock "All Terrain" tires. The placard on the door pillar says the tires should be at 36 PSI, but the car was delivered with the tires at about 46 PSI. Can anyone who purchased one equipped with the All Terrain tires tell me what the official recommended tire pressure is?
Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
36 PSI. Even if the tire size changed, it probably didn't change enough to alter the recommended pressure from the door jam.

Edit: Okay, I just reread your question, and you were asking someone who owned the Sahara with All-Terrains to check. So nevermind me. I'm willing to bet it still says 36 PSI though.

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
People run different pressures for different needs and feel. On the Sahara, my dash will light up when a tire is low and the dash will say to increase pressure to 36. I run Duratracs...295/70/17. I think our Sahara is programmed to say 36 and this is the level to be at before the low pressure warning activates. I think an aftermarket device can change that setting...maybe...not sure. It may be built into a speedo programmer to set the MPH to the over sized tire.

Geez...my computer auto correct didn't like "oversized" and changed the word to "oversexed." Oops...I digress. :blush:

When my tires are low, one of the tire location pressure reading will turn from red to white at 34 psi...and the others stay red. I have seen others get at 35 and all three would be white and the last one at 34psi would be red. When my dash hits 35 all the way around, the warning goes off, but the dash will still say to set tires to 36.

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
After reading multiple threads on this subject, I came up with the conclusion that most of us are running 37psi or lower on their tires. My question is, would anyone put a few psi more on the Front Tires for better steering response?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
After reading multiple threads on this subject, I came up with the conclusion that most of us are running 37psi or lower on their tires. My question is, would anyone put a few psi more on the Front Tires for better steering response?
I’m not a tire guy but my JLU Sahara came with 46 lbs and the door said 35 so I went to the Discount Tire Shop that I deal with and they advised that going off-road it was better to run with a softer fill as it worked better in mud and wet sand but on the road it’s best to run at or close to what the door says if that’s the exact tire you are running and running at a higher pressure you cause the tire to crown which causes uneven wear and less contact with the road.

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Mine was at 46psi when I got it. Seemed high since the door said 36 so I lowered it.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I have a sahara with ATs and it is 36 in the door...mine came with them at around 43 so I dropped it....better ride at 36 (although it was still great around 43)

therealmikec

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Mine was at 46psi when I got it. Seemed high since the door said 36 so I lowered it.
Most dealers crank up the PSI if it's going to sit on the lot for a bit to stop the tires from warping if they sit for along time in one position. The dealer should have lowered it down to the 37 mark when you bought, but a lot forget.

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So after 8346 Miles I finally lowered mine just now from 44 to 37. Will I see MPGs drop?
Sponsored