Sponsored

Stock tire pressure after TSB fix for steering

Rubicon20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
What's everyone running for pressure after having this TSB done for steering?
Had mine done, and running about 39-40 now, after having it as low as 30 but it kept triggering the pressure light on relatively cooler or rainy weather and got tired seeing that light.
This was before the fix.
Can't say the steering is much better, but maybe the tire pressure being lower could help?
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What's everyone running for pressure after having this TSB done for steering?
Had mine done, and running about 39-40 now, after having it as low as 30 but it kept triggering the pressure light on relatively cooler or rainy weather and got tired seeing that light.
This was before the fix.
Can't say the steering is much better, but maybe the tire pressure being lower could help?
Dealers love 40psi in the tires for some reason. You can go to 35 with stock TPMS and not trigger a TPMS light. Time was you could go pretty low as long as there wasn't a HUGE difference in tire pressure between tires, not on the JL.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
35 here

Prioritypest

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 2019 Land Rover Discovery 2020 Jeep Willys
39 was @ 25 before the fix.

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
My steering has been fantastic. Running 37.
Out of curiosity, is that cold or after riding for a few miles and getting some heat in them? Stock BFG KO2s?

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Yes, stock and cold. Hot they read 39. I like this pressure on the interstate for mileage.
I noticed better mileage when I first put them on and they were aired up around 37. It's started to get colder overnight, so the pressure dropped a bit, and then I went wheeling this weekend so we had aired down to 15 psi. I got them back up to around 32-33 and the computer still is indicating good mileage, but it definitely feels like they need more air. Gonna try running them back at 37. Thanks!

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I noticed better mileage when I first put them on and they were aired up around 37. It's started to get colder overnight, so the pressure dropped a bit, and then I went wheeling this weekend so we had aired down to 15 psi. I got them back up to around 32-33 and the computer still is indicating good mileage, but it definitely feels like they need more air. Gonna try running them back at 37. Thanks!
I put 35 on my way back from Colorado and averaged 2 mpg less. Not scientific, but enough for me. Happy testing! :)
Sponsored