Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hey y'all!
I know with my previous jeeps (xj, zj, tj, jk, etc....) upgrading your tie rod was usually one of the first things you would do when you started wheeling, or else you end up like I did here with my TJ Rubi :CWL:
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock tie rod strength/durability IMG_20181123_125542

I had a ZJ V8 tie rod in the mail for it and decided to wheel anyway haha, that's what I get.

None the less, my question to those that have run their JL's a bit now. I just picked mine up a few weeks ago and am getting it ready to wheel. Upon looking at the stock tie rod (JLUR, can't imagine they put a diff one on the rubi's, but including it just in case) I have to say, the diameter and wall thickness of the stock tie rod and drag link actually look pretty stout for factory stuff. I know down the road they'll get upgraded at some point on my rig but I was curious to those who have wheeled a bit with the stock setup how they've held up?

I'm guessing possibly the crimps where the tube connects to the TRE's, or the TRE's themselves may actually be the weak point in the factory stuff. Just curious how it's held up for the rest of you.
Thanks!
Sponsored

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
its pretty decent for a stock tierod but aftermarket stuff is a lot stronger. I think the factory one will hold up to more abuse than previous models imo.