Stock Sport Altitude to "Fake" Rubicon

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
So basically I've been having a dilemma. I've been blessed with the opportunity to buy a new wrangler mostly in full but I'm not sure as to how I should go about it. I want to custom order a JLUR XR with everything included and leave it mostly stock. (Appx. $69,000*) But I'm also debating on whether or not i should just build up a Sport Altitude (Appx. $50,000*)to meet or even exceed the JLUR XR price point with higher quality parts.
I'm mainly considering these things to be most important of the add ons.
Anything else i should probably include in this?

Total:
STUFF:3 in. Lift Kit35in. TiresWheelsLockersBumpers & RailsOther Misc.Labor
Cost*=$4,000*$1,600*$1,900*???*$3,000*???*???*10,000*+???

Now I can do most of this math myself, but I'm not sure how much it would be for adding the lockers and the things needed to even run those. Like should I also do the axle swap or a simple re-gearing. Any mechanics input about the cost of labor included or what i could save by doing myself (bumpers/rails)

Thanks for the help in advance!

*Approximate amount*
I don't know if you've made your decision yet, I haven't read the whole thread, but have you looked into the dealers offering discounts on this site? I ordered my JLUR 3.6, Mt with a few extra goodies, MSRP was almost 56K and I was out the door at 48 and change. Personally I'd start there then you're well on your way. Of course with the 24's coming out, ordering might take a while.
Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Aren't really good deals available right now on orders?

What do you want the Jeep to do that you can't do with a Sport? If you need the equipment of the Rubicon then order a Rubicon, if you need the XR then order an XR. If you don't need all of that you could just buy a Sport S or whatever. And if you really want to go beyond the XR then you might be better off to buy the Sport and then build it up. A Sport is not as fancy as the others but with sufficient tires it will go almost anywhere an XR will go.
There’s a big difference between a double locked XR on 35s and an open diff Sport no matter what tires you put on.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
There’s a big difference between a double locked XR on 35s and an open diff Sport no matter what tires you put on.
I don't think it's a big difference but I wouldn't know how to quantify it either way. There are trails in Moab where you are at the limit of tire traction with or without lockers, doesn't matter either way. I'm sure there are other locations where you are at the limit of flex in which case lockers matter. I've been on steep enough trails in Utah and in Colorado where traction was starting to be a problem and lockers would not have helped. I've been on trails in Moab where I had one wheel off of the ground but it wasn't steep enough that traction was a problem.
Going from 33s to 35s gains you 1 inch of clearance under your axles, I suppose sometimes that is helpful but it isn't a large difference. I think if you want to make an improvement over 33" tires then you need to go to 37s.

OP
OP
whyme1291

whyme1291

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
In-N-Out
UPDATE: I went with the XR Rubi after all. I didn't want to have to wait longer to build my dream Jeep when i can get it basically done with warranty. That and I've been wanting to wheel again lol. Thanks again to everybody with their comments and tips and everything listed!
Sponsored