Sponsored

Stock Speaker Upgrade - What did you get?

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Can you swap the base speakers for the upgraded factory Alpine speakers? and would they make any improvement?
Sponsored

jaasss0nnnn

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Unlimited Sport JL
No no, This was the aftermarket Apine, not the installed 9 speaker from the factory. I've read reviews on different sites, and some on this forum. However, I did see the price drop from $1299 to 899, on the AFTERMARKET alpine (the subwoofer and 2 tweeter install) which might be worth it.
I have it ($830 on Amazon) and installed last weekend. At $1300 I wasn't buying it... but at just over $800 it was worth paying a little extra for the convenience of the setup and install.

It sounds great.

Jerseyed1975

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2018 JLU Rubicon
What's your budget and how much customization are you willing to do?

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Okay Hailey. I just bought these for the front and back (not the entire Alpine set - just super tweeters only). Let's see how they do.
Sounds great! Let me know what you think!

Have a great day,
Hailey

OP
OP
Goheels050917

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Sounds great! Let me know what you think!

Have a great day,
Hailey
I sent them back already. I got the kickers at the same time and was gonna see which sounded better since they are easy installs.

Kicker 75 watt RMS
Kicker 150 watt maximum

Quadratec 50 watt RMS
Quadratec 100 watt maximum.

Not only the specs, and the actual sound, but the quadratec was like 4x the price!

Sponsored

Swoop

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU
I sent them back already. I got the kickers at the same time and was gonna see which sounded better since they are easy installs.

Kicker 75 watt RMS
Kicker 150 watt maximum

Quadratec 50 watt RMS
Quadratec 100 watt maximum.

Not only the specs, and the actual sound, but the quadratec was like 4x the price!
Can you link us to the Kicker(s) you ended up buying? Or tell us the model number?

Thanks,
Swoop

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I installed the alpine upgrade and the tweeters in the dash pop at anything over 20 on the volume knob and alll the other speakers are unhappy as well so not worth it now i gotta see what speakers i can add to make it sound ok again

bartscrc

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I installed some JL audio C2-350s and left the 4 inch speakers from the non-upgraded audio system. Sounds much better but it isn't a plug and play. You need to clip/strip the wires and just use a plier to attach the leads that are included with the speakers which is pretty easy to do.

ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the alpine upgrade and the tweeters in the dash pop at anything over 20 on the volume knob and alll the other speakers are unhappy as well so not worth it now i gotta see what speakers i can add to make it sound ok again
Did you set the amp knobs to the correct positions as stated in the install guide? If you have those up past the intended level, that could be the cause of the popping, or your ground is loose? I would start searching there.

Sponsored

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you don't mind me bringing this thread back. Figured it's better to consolidate information.

It's finally top down season and I'm looking for a bit more out of the stereo for the Highway. Here's what I've found for 3.5" Speakers.

Kicker 43DSC3504 20w RMS $35
JBL GX302 50w RMS $49
Kicker 77Kick25AB 75w RMS $59
Infinity REF 3032CFX 25w RMS $68
JL C2 350X 25w RMS $99

I'm finding it difficult to determine what I'd like without buying, installing, and hearing. Anything obvious I'm missing. Coming from Base 7".

Thank you.

bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
I am trying to find some good speakers to replace all my speakers in my JLUSS. I am not doing the Alpine upgrade due to its overpricing and from what I've read, it's completely not worth it.

For those of you that's manually upgraded, what did you get and do you like it?
I installed these for the lower dash, they sound great but it was a pita to install,you have to pretty much disassemble the dash. they do make a difference though. I am thinking in installing another pair in the roll bar as well
Infinity REF-4022cfx 105W 4" Reference Series Coaxial Car Speakers with Edge-Driven, Textile tweeters - Pair

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
I installed some JL audio C2-350s and left the 4 inch speakers from the non-upgraded audio system. Sounds much better but it isn't a plug and play. You need to clip/strip the wires and just use a plier to attach the leads that are included with the speakers which is pretty easy to do.
what do u mean clip and strip? I thought there was an adapter from metro or something?

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Last edited: