Sponsored

Stock Speaker Upgrade - What did you get?

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
I am trying to find some good speakers to replace all my speakers in my JLUSS. I am not doing the Alpine upgrade due to its overpricing and from what I've read, it's completely not worth it.

For those of you that's manually upgraded, what did you get and do you like it?
Sponsored

bellts

First Name
Timmy!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS 3.6l, Manual (Timmychanga)
Occupation
Software Engineer (of sorts),
I had first upgraded the 3.5" speakers with kickers (mids' were too high for my liking) and settled on the 3.5" alpine speakers. It sounds a lot better than stock (which wasn't bad to begin with). The alpines' are not as loud as the kickers though. Both are plug-N-play.

JLUS, 5" uconnect. (base as you can get)

Links:
Kicker Speakers - $57 for the pair - $114 in total
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008I2UYPI
Alpine Speakers - $26 each - $104 in total
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EXO58MS

Here's what the stock speaker looks like next to an alpine speaker:
lbPgSUL.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goheels050917

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hmm, I ordered the same kicker speakers the other day, got them yesterday and clearly they wouldn't fit. Maybe they sent the wrong ones but they were way to big.

Where do those alpine speakers go and how many did you order? From the pic, they look larger (speaking solely on the bracket holes) to go in the slot compared to the factory ones.

bellts

First Name
Timmy!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hmm, I ordered the same kicker speakers the other day, got them yesterday and clearly they wouldn't fit. Maybe they sent the wrong ones but they were way to big.

Where do those alpine speakers go and how many did you order?
I ordered 4, two in the dash (by the windshield), two for the soundbar. I left the 4" speakers alone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goheels050917

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I ordered 4, two in the dash (by the windshield), two for the soundbar. I left the 4" speakers alone.
Okay cool. I wonder a good plug/play 4 inch would work on the remaining?

bellts

First Name
Timmy!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Okay cool. I wonder a good plug/play 4 inch would work on the remaining?
I haven't found a good replacement 4" yet. The 4"ers look similar to the 3.5" alpine speakers. Pretty beefy. I'm leaving them be... plus I didn't want to tear into the entire dash just to change the front ones out. It looks like a PITA!!!

OP
OP
Goheels050917

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If its the same process here, it doesn't look TOO difficult. This was on a JK, assuming its the same for JL.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I am trying to find some good speakers to replace all my speakers in my JLUSS. I am not doing the Alpine upgrade due to its overpricing and from what I've read, it's completely not worth it.

For those of you that's manually upgraded, what did you get and do you like it?
I'll bet that your reading that the Alpine system isn't worth it is from people who haven't even heard it. It's a 9 speaker system with subwoofer and 552 Watt 12 channel amplifier. It easily outperforms any aftermarket speakers in the base audio system. If you doubt what I'm saying, ask anyone else who actually has it in their new Wranglers. Now, if you just don't place a priority on your audio system and couldn't justify paying for the upgrade, or couldn't afford it, that's fine.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goheels050917

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'll bet that your reading that the Alpine system isn't worth it is from people who haven't even heard it. It's a 9 speaker system with subwoofer and 552 Watt 12 channel amplifier. It easily outperforms any aftermarket speakers in the base audio system. If you doubt what I'm saying, ask anyone else who actually has it in their new Wranglers. Now, if you just don't place a priority on your audio system and couldn't justify paying for the upgrade, or couldn't afford it, that's fine.

Oh no, that wasn't the case at all.
No no, This was the aftermarket Apine, not the installed 9 speaker from the factory. I've read reviews on different sites, and some on this forum. However, I did see the price drop from $1299 to 899, on the AFTERMARKET alpine (the subwoofer and 2 tweeter install) which might be worth it.

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
I had these focals paired with a jl13w7 in my previous car for years. I currently have the alpine upgrade and decided not to swap anything, yeah there could be more bass, but I have two babies now so it works out. I believe the alpine sounds just as good. My one requirement for the new Jeep was the infotainment package.. I drive a lot so I try to make my commute as enjoyable as possible and with the built-in sub (and two babies), I finally can get out of the car audio hobby.

9CDADD0B-9BDB-4626-B934-AA00D758F66F.jpeg
22F7B4E4-B8C8-49DF-9055-0C2D108DC0DC.jpeg
A690BF91-0658-4228-95F6-12749F9D3445.jpeg

OP
OP
Goheels050917

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here are some options that we currently offer for speakers: https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_audio_electronics/speakers

Alpine-PSS-23WRA-Full-Sound-System-Upgrade-Jeep-Wrangler-JL_0.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/alpine/full-sound-system-upgrade-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

Quadratec-JL-TWEET-Super-Tweeters-Pair-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Dash-Sound-Bar-Front.jpg
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/super-tweeters-pair-jeep-wrangler-jl

There will be plenty more options coming soon as they go through research, development, testing and production.

Thank you,
Hailey
Okay Hailey. I just bought these for the front and back (not the entire Alpine set - just super tweeters only). Let's see how they do.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Oh no, that wasn't the case at all.

No no, This was the aftermarket Apine, not the installed 9 speaker from the factory. I've read reviews on different sites, and some on this forum. However, I did see the price drop from $1299 to 899, on the AFTERMARKET alpine (the subwoofer and 2 tweeter install) which might be worth it.
My bad. I thought you were talking about the factory system. In your case, I think you'll need the Alpine full sound system upgrade offered by Quadratec to get a noticeable improvement.

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I’m going to probably get 2 JL Audio Stealthboxes (driver & passenger side) & pair them with a JL Slash 600/1v3 amp & call it a day. The premium Alpine system is pretty nice, but I like more bass.
Sponsored