Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey folks,

I want to run the stock Rubicon wheels with GoodYear Wrangler MT/R's (35/12.5/R17) and am planning on getting a subtle 1.5"Teraflex Spacer kit for a little extra room to stuff. My question, and I've seen various answers, is will I need wheel spacers to clear the extra rubber, or should I be okay without?
Sponsored

OP
OP
imthatguy

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey folks,

I want to run the stock Rubicon wheels with GoodYear Wrangler MT/R's (35/12.5/R17) and am planning on getting a subtle 1.5"Teraflex Spacer kit for a little extra room to stuff. My question, and I've seen various answers, is will I need wheel spacers to clear the extra rubber, or should I be okay without?
Nobody's running a 35" 12.5 R17?

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
This is a very common setup and one that I will be running when my stock tires need replacing. There are lots of threads about this topic. The general consensus is that you don't need wheel spacers if you plan to just drive around town, but if you want or expect to fully flex your suspension in an off-road environment, then you will benefit from wheel spacers to avoid rubbing the tires against your fenders. With a small budget boost, you may also want to consider extended bump stops and longer sway bar links. They are inexpensive and easy components to install/replace, but not always included with all basic budget boosts.

Good luck!
Sponsored