Stock Rubicon Wheels on 2.5” Lift and Wheeling

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
So this topic has probably been beaten to death but I am hoping to get some more definitive answers, especially anyone running the setup I’d like to have.
I have a 4 door JL sport sitting on Rubicon wheels and tires. So 285/70/17 tires. If I recall correctly the tires are 11.2” wide. Wheel back spacing is about 6”, also if I recall correctly..
Im thinking of adding the RK Adventure Series lift. (2.5” lift kit with control arms) RK recommends a min. 4.5” bs wheel.
I have seen posts where people have ran their stock wheels/tires with a lift, but maybe dont wheel their Jeep. Because of the rear sway bar links, the wheels/offset can be affected. Id plan on doing more than fire roads but not running King of the Hammers either. On my JK I ran spacers until I changed to aftermarket wheels. I dont have an issue with running spacers, but I dont want to purchase them this time if i dont need them. In fact Id just go straight aftermarket wheels. I dont mind running the Rubi wheels at all and wouldnt go aftermarket if not an issue .
So my question is, is running the stock wheels with a 2.5” lift going to be a wheeling issue? Anyone running this kind of setup and moderately wheeling?
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I put 315/70/17's on my stock wheels on the JLUR. No lift but the plan is a 2.5 inch lift same as you but a different brand. If everything clears stock it shouldnt be a problem lifted. Possibly RK is referring more to the non-rubys?? Give them a call.

Others that have the lift should have a more definitive answer for you. I just cant imagine an issue.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Call RK and ask. They know the answers.

My answer would be the rear swaybar links come in contact with the tire/wheel. This was the issue on the JK. This was on road.

OP
OP
RW Sting Gray

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Thanks for the replies. I ended up just going with the Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift for now. If I wanna go higher later I will, but it should suffice for the time being.
Sponsored