Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Hey All,

I've crawled all over the forum and now that I'm completely baffled I just had to ask. We have a STOCK Rubicon coming in and what spacer will kick up the ront end to level her off without having to do a bunch of things to keep her driving properly?

Never going to do a bumper or winch (wives grocery getter lol)
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hey All,

I've crawled all over the forum and now that I'm completely baffled I just had to ask. We have a STOCK Rubicon coming in and what spacer will kick up the ront end to level her off without having to do a bunch of things to keep her driving properly?

Never going to do a bumper or winch (wives grocery getter lol)
You should consider the longer Mopar lift LCAs to get caster in the 6 degree range, Rubicons use the same LCAs as the lower Sport/Saharas so the caster is in the 4 to 4.5 range, not enough to track well at hwy speeds. If you want a bit more lift in front you can add a 3/4" coil spacer, I used the Rugged Ridge (it lists for a JK model but works fine for the JL too). If you add that additional 3/4" spacer your caster will for sure be too low (probably in the 3.75 range).
And here's an install post I made on the LCA swap.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/#post-919317

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Teraflex JL 4dr: 1.5” Sport ST1 Spacer Lift System – No Shocks
SKU 1165000 for 4 door and they make a kit for 2 Door SKU 1165002. Comes with longer bump stops.
4 Door version 2" front 1" rear comes out nice and level, 2 Door version is a little different because the come lower in the rear from factory. Have the system on my JLUR and it is solid

OP
OP
Ct_Formula

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Thanks B! I'm all over it, thanks for the repost I have no idea how I missed it.

You should consider the longer Mopar lift LCAs to get caster in the 6 degree range, Rubicons use the same LCAs as the lower Sport/Saharas so the caster is in the 4 to 4.5 range, not enough to track well at hwy speeds. If you want a bit more lift in front you can add a 3/4" coil spacer, I used the Rugged Ridge (it lists for a JK model but works fine for the JL too). If you add that additional 3/4" spacer your caster will for sure be too low (probably in the 3.75 range).
And here's an install post I made on the LCA swap.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/#post-919317
Sponsored