Stock Rubi wheels with Rock Krawler 3.5" lift? Temporarily

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
This is RK 2.5" X factor with XR wheels and 37s. Rubs a tiny bit on full steering lock on the lower control arm but nothing to be worried about whatsoever. I'm not gonna fix it because I'm swapping all the arms to Metalcloak (already have the rear done, just need to do the front one of these weekends) and those won't rub, but I'm not sure I'd do anything about it if I was keeping the arms.

33s won't rub meaningfully especially for a temporary setup. I'd go for it. It's gonna look like it skipped 20 years of leg day tho
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Rubi wheels with Rock Krawler 3.5" lift? Temporarily 3A1A6970-5CA3-472E-84DB-C0DFC91CDC7C_1_105_c
Sponsored

Robertyoke

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler jlu rubicon
Clubs

Hey everyone,

I've finally found time to install my 3.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor No limits lift on my JLURD this weekend.

I'll be driving about 2 hours to my buddy's house for him to help me with the install. He's got a lift so it'll make the install much much easier.

Once the lift is installed (and I'm back home), I'll be throwing 37s on with new aftermarket wheels. The aftermarket wheels are 4.5" backspacing like RK recommends.

Question is, will I be able to use my stock rubicon wheels/tires (33s) to drive back home after the lift is installed? I believe the stock wheels are +44mm offset.

I don't have a way to bring the 37s with me so I'm hoping I can make the trip without towing the tires on a trailer.
so my first post here but I figured I can help. I bought a used ā€˜19 JLUR in January. The Jeep had /has the 3.5 RK X-Factor and the stock rubi wheels with some toyo 285/70ā€™s on it, Stock 33ā€™s. I drove it this way for about 1000 miles or so figuring out what I wanted to do for bigger shoes. Even did some light wheeling and they never rubbed anywhere.

OP
OP
jlandry287

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
Just wanted to follow up on this. Lift was installed yesterday, I brought spacers with me in case they were needed.

Iā€™ve driven a good bit with my 3.5ā€ lift and stick wheels/tires and thereā€™s no running anywhere.

I actually donā€™t think it looks too goofy with 33s surprisingly

8CF212A4-1282-4AA2-B349-FCE87BC1CDE3.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Look all you want, youā€™ll not find any rubbing with 33s only 35s and bigger, except for Dookeys Jeep of courseā€¦ā€¦.Iā€™m still not sure whatā€™s going on there, did they have any leftover parts when they fixed your Jeepā€¦.šŸ™ƒ

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlandry287

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
Look all you want, youā€™ll not find any rubbing with 33s only 35s and bigger, except for Dookeys Jeep of courseā€¦ā€¦.Iā€™m still not sure whatā€™s going on there, did they have any leftover parts when they fixed your Jeepā€¦.šŸ™ƒ
Correct, zero rubbing even at fully turned steering.

I was part of the install process and we installed every single piece that came in the kit.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, zero rubbing even at fully turned steering.

I was part of the install process and we installed every single piece that came in the kit.
Yeah, I was talking about Dookeys rig, he recently had some work done on it, my bad, I shouldā€™ve pinged himā€¦.

OP
OP
jlandry287

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
@Roky i have a question actually. My front passenger sprint is bowing inwards toward the motor.

we did an alignment on a big fancy alignment that uses lasers to take measurements. Everything is pretty much spot on.

Do you have any suggestions I should look for/at?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky i have a question actually. My front passenger sprint is bowing inwards toward the motor.

we did an alignment on a big fancy alignment that uses lasers to take measurements. Everything is pretty much spot on.

Do you have any suggestions I should look for/at?
If itā€™s just the passenger side and not both sides, itā€™s unusually an upper isolator issueā€¦RK is working on some neutral upper isolator, but I donā€™t think itā€™s out yetā€¦..what you can do is cut the outer lip off, cut the two nubs off and rotate it 180 degreesā€¦..

OP
OP
jlandry287

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
If itā€™s just the passenger side and not both sides, itā€™s unusually an upper isolator issueā€¦RK is working on some neutral upper isolator, but I donā€™t think itā€™s out yetā€¦..what you can do is cut the outer lip off, cut the two nubs off and rotate it 180 degreesā€¦..
Are you referring to the lower spring pad? If I remember correctly the uppers didnā€™t have a lip, just two nubs

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I've put the 37s next to the jeep and it doesn't even look like they'll fit in the wheel well. Has anybody successfully done this?
Yup, should be fine. You have to really hit a big whoop to get minor rubbing. I had to remove the factory bumper end caps. Full-lock turn barely rubbed but I was on 3.5ā€ BS. Might have to adjust your turn stops a tiny bit with 4.5ā€.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
1st... You're not a real Jeeper until you mock up bigger tires to get a feel for what it's like. :clap:

You can probably get away with it if the suspension doesn't flex out. But what happens if some stupid Betty pulls out in front of you and you have to hit the ditch? I won't chance it.

Better to rub some control arms if you have to turn tight. šŸ˜Ž
Meh, worst case is you chew up the plastic fender liners a little bit. Doubt it though. I ran mine for a few weeks before lifting.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Meh, worst case is you chew up the plastic fender liners a little bit. Doubt it though. I ran mine for a few weeks before lifting.
Best case is you only have to stop for fuel once on your 700 mile trip home.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Rubi wheels with Rock Krawler 3.5" lift? Temporarily Screenshot_20230329_074148_Instagram

OP
OP
jlandry287

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
@Roky I have a question. My rear sway bar links didn't come with a ZERK grease fitting and I've looked everywhere for the size. Do you happen to know what thread size grease fitting I need?
Sponsored