Stock JL Sport 2 door. Will it offroad?

Garweft

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Really? Someone "needs" ProRock 60's for anything other than light trails?? Do you also recommend a 6" lift and 45" tires for moderate trails?? Those 60s (front and rear) go for about $12,000-$13,000. Totally cost-effective, right???

Oh and that "paying and extra 7-10 grand for high front fenders and some hood stickers." thing.... So you're ignoring the suspension upgrade, lockers, bigger tires, Dana 44s, sway bar disconnect, etc... That stuff isn't what Rubicon buyers want anyway, right? All we care about are some hood stickers???
Well that and red tow hooks. I mean you didn’t actually pay more for the suspension and tires knowing you were doing a lift and 35’s/37’s did you?

You paid 7-10 grand more for something that has a smaller ring gear than the old 44, bad bearings, and a housing with a weak point. I’d be mad too.

Good news is, when yours break from running 37’s, your aftermarket options will be vastly superior. And you’ll still have the sticker and high fenders.

8997EBB4-DCF9-4EEE-B9CE-E72F04D5B981.jpeg
Sponsored

Kenn1725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
How is it doing running 35's?
No problem. I had the MT on my 2014 JK with a manual transmission and I liked them. The JL with the automatic does even better, very quick takeoff. I wish it had the 4:10 gears but not worth the expense to change them. If I ever go to 37s then I would have to change gears then.

OP
OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
Thanks for all of the replies. I am still leaning towards the Sport 2 door manual. I could afford a Rubicon, but that would be overkill for the light trail offroading I would like to do. Not at all interested in rockclimbing and stuff like that. Honestly no plans to mod the Sport either. I have alot of other hobbies that the extra $10k for a Rubicon could go toward (photography, sportscars, guns, etc...)

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Considering a JL Sport 2 door. I realize this is the least offroad capable of the Jeeps. I am not interested in rock climbing. The only offroad I will do is easy to moderate trails. Can a stock JL Sport handle the easy stuff without any issues? Not really interested in modding and all of that.
Note that for years, most of the rental Jeeps in Ouray were 6MT two door Wrangler Sports; completely capable and no need for the extra Rubicon goodies that might only get renters into trouble.
Sponsored