OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
Wow, $31k for that one is good. Automatic and hardtop which are both extra costs options compared to the softtop, manual I am looking at.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Wow, $31k for that one is good. Automatic and hardtop which are both extra costs options compared to the softtop, manual I am looking at.
They make good deals with no surprise add ons. I got my Rubicon there last year for $5926 off the sticker.

oldskol

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI
Op should spend some time in the ordering and pricing section before deciding if they are getting a good deal ( https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/ordering-and-pricing-discussions.7/ ). There is an excel spreadsheet that will help you calculate the invoice price for all possible specs. I can't find the thread i downloaded from so i uploaded here. Wish I could give credit to the creator. 1% below invoice is generally considered a 'good' deal, but there are some who brag about getting their Jeep for 6%+ below invoice.

Attachments

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Op should spend some time in the ordering and pricing section before deciding if they are getting a good deal ( https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/ordering-and-pricing-discussions.7/ ). There is an excel spreadsheet that will help you calculate the invoice price for all possible specs. I can't find the thread i downloaded from so i uploaded here. Wish I could give credit to the creator. 1% below invoice is generally considered a 'good' deal, but there are some who brag about getting their Jeep for 6%+ below MSRP.
Deals are regional. 6%-under MSRP is not a great deal. 6%-under invoice is a pretty good deal. You definitely can do much better then 1%-under invoice almost anywhere in the country with very little effort. Just join Tread Lightly or any other affiliate.

Sponsored

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I purchased my 2 door JL Sport S for $5500 off of sticker from dealer inventory.

2 door, V6, Auto, Hard Top, Technology Package, Sport S Package

There website currently shows $5500 off all 2019's and $6500 off all 2018 JL's. I know we are in California, but if they can offer it, so can others.

Here is there website: www.elkgrovejeep.com

So, to me $31000 is not that great of a deal.

oldskol

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI
Deals are regional. 6%-under MSRP is not a great deal. 6%-under invoice is a pretty good deal. You definitely can do much better then 1%-under invoice almost anywhere in the country with very little effort. Just join Tread Lightly or any other affiliate.

I mistakenly typed 6% below MSRP. Thank you for correcting me it could have cost someone.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I mistakenly typed 6% below MSRP. Thank you for correcting me it could have cost someone.
I paid 11.67% under sticker. I’m happy with the deal I made, and very happy with my Jeep.
The salesman offered to show me the invoice. I said I didn’t much care what he paid for it.
I only cared what I was gonna pay for it.

Last edited:

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Someone asked me this on the last trail ride we went on.
I answered; "like the guy who fell off a 10 story building in my home town, every window he passed on the way down he looked in and said "so far so good "" .

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
Thanks for that excel spreadsheet. Yeah the local dealer is right at $31k for the Sport 2 door manual I want. May not be such a good deal after all....

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Thanks for that excel spreadsheet. Yeah the local dealer is right at $31k for the Sport 2 door manual I want. May not be such a good deal after all....
You guys are fortunate to be able to shop around. I had to special order mine to get the features I want so I was kinda stuck working with one dealership.

4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door Sport S 4X4, 1956 Jeep CJ5
I thought 4 door Sahara's were the worst off road not the 2 door sport models

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, the 4 door Sport would be the "worst" JL Wrangler. At the end of the day it still has 4WD with low range, solid axles, and good articulation.
This^^^