I just traded in my 2018 JL Sport 2DR for a 2019 JL Rubicon 2DR.Thanks for that excel spreadsheet. Yeah the local dealer is right at $31k for the Sport 2 door manual I want. May not be such a good deal after all....
The main reasons was because of my rear axle failure (Dana 44 LSD)….Twice!
The transmission shifted loudly during engagement.
Loose and wandering steering.
Starter has bad engagement with Flexplate.
Did I miss anything?
To me there was just too many issues with the vehicle and FCA (JeepCares) did not want to accept responsibility.
After much review of considering the cost to bring my Sport to Rubicon standards (my initial intent), I decided to just trade my Sport in for a Rubicon.
My 2003 Jeep Wrangler X was stolen a year ago and the insurance only paid me for what it was on paper. My Wrangler X was a Rubi clone and at the end of the day, it's just a Wrangler X. With a lot of help from fellow Jeepers on this Forum, I decided the right thing to do was just to trade it in for a Rubicon.
It was the best decision that I've made so far. The Rubicon is by far a better vehicle on and off-road.
I don't regret my decision a bit.
My recommendation is to go for the Rubicon (mine is a base model). You won't need to do much of anything to it. I purchased a Mopar Rubicon steel bumper and plan to purchase a winch at a later date. That's about all the mods you will need if you're an average off-roader like myself.
"At the end of the day, your Sport is still a Sport if you ever consider for a possible trade in or sale later down the road."