EVOJLWrangler

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S 2 Door, 2015 Mitsubishi Evo X Final Edition
Hello,
I recently bought a 2020 wrangler 2 door sport s and I absolutely love it. I have a wheel/tire idea however after reading tons of forum posts and info online I was left more confused than when I started. I picked up a set of JK sahara wheels because I love the style and want to fit some bigger than stock / AT tires to the Jeep. (mine came with the bridgestone dueller highway tires). I'm looking to fit 33" Falken Wildpeaks to add an aggressive look , more offroad capability, and better snow handling with a similar to stock ride. My question is if 275/70/R18 tires are a possibility or if there is a better option out there in terms of fitment for 33's. I'm not afraid to throw some spacers on if required. Attached is an example of the set of wheels I bought. I believe they are similar to the stock JL wheel in terms of offset however they are 18's vs the JL's 17's.

Any suggestions, pictures of current set ups or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

Also if this is posted in the wrong spot I apologize I've never forum posted before !

img_5125-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
You're good to go, w/ that setup. Might want spacers to push them out a bit if you really plan to flex the suspension, but other than that they will fit fine.

OP
OP
EVOJLWrangler

EVOJLWrangler

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're good to go, w/ that setup. Might want spacers to push them out a bit if you really plan to flex the suspension, but other than that they will fit fine.
Thank you for the info!

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,
I recently bought a 2020 wrangler 2 door sport s and I absolutely love it. I have a wheel/tire idea however after reading tons of forum posts and info online I was left more confused than when I started. I picked up a set of JK sahara wheels because I love the style and want to fit some bigger than stock / AT tires to the Jeep. (mine came with the bridgestone dueller highway tires). I'm looking to fit 33" Falken Wildpeaks to add an aggressive look , more offroad capability, and better snow handling with a similar to stock ride. My question is if 275/70/R18 tires are a possibility or if there is a better option out there in terms of fitment for 33's. I'm not afraid to throw some spacers on if required. Attached is an example of the set of wheels I bought. I believe they are similar to the stock JL wheel in terms of offset however they are 18's vs the JL's 17's.

Any suggestions, pictures of current set ups or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

Also if this is posted in the wrong spot I apologize I've never forum posted before !

img_5125-jpg.jpg
Just put those tires (AT3W) on my Ram 2500 (285/78/18) they are very quiet. Since they were just put on last week, I cannot comment on any type of traction or wear questions.

OP
OP
EVOJLWrangler

EVOJLWrangler

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just put those tires (AT3W) on my Ram 2500 (285/78/18) they are very quiet. Since they were just put on last week, I cannot comment on any type of traction or wear questions.
Thanks for the information!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hello,

img_5125-jpg.jpg
I had those same rims on my '14 Grand Cherokee. Great rims, and I got them off a JK Sahara too. They look great, and yes they are the same as the stock JL rim in regards to backspacing/offset. Your tire choice will fit the rim just fine, and clear your Jeep without problems. A 275/70/18 is only going to fill the fender gap an extra 1/2" and the width is only going to be pushed closer to suspension by 10 mm (roughly 3/8") Neither of those is significant to the point where you need spacers. Yes the tire is 1" taller, and 3/4" wider, but half goes on each side of the rim, so you're not make a huge change as far as clearance is concerned.

I put a set of AT3W on my wife's Renegade several months ago. They're a great tire and they handle the snow/ice very well. They're quiet, responsive and seem to handle dirt, snow and ice as well as they do the road. I haven't had them in mud yet, but I don't anticipate any issues based on how they grip in the snow. I'd rate them right up top with the Duratrac and KO2.
Sponsored