Sponsored

Stock hight JL Sport -> 285 70 R17 on 17" 9mm -12 offset Pro Comp 1069 wheels

Jeepajeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport '19 2d
Hi guys,

I am about to pull the trigger on the pro comps, any thing I need to note specific to these wheels? I keep hearing about hub centric and non-hub centric, I cant find any information on these wheels, will I have any issues with fitment?

On another note, I'm moving from 245 70 (stock) to 285 70, given the offset of the pro comps, will I have any issues with rubbing on mechanical parts? Ive used an online calculator and seems like I am clear but I don't want to put my axles or hubs under any unneeded stress (the wheels will poke out a little)

I am a super noob so any help will be appreciated :)

Thanks a lot
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
OP
OP
Jeepajeep

Jeepajeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport '19 2d
Here's the specs from stock to your new wheel/tire set
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...0-17X9ET-12&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm
Tire edge will be about 3" out from your stock setup. Will work ok but better if you get a lift down the road. If you don't plan to lift I would look for a 17x8.5 +10 to +15 offset.
Thank you!

I am planning on getting a lift in the next 6 months but not right away. I would only encounter rubbing if my car goes through extreme articulation correct? Would going for highline fender mod eliminate the wheels poking out issue?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thank you!

I am planning on getting a lift in the next 6 months but not right away. I would only encounter rubbing if my car goes through extreme articulation correct? Would going for highline fender mod eliminate the wheels poking out issue?
Highline fenders will give you more room w/ that -12 offset when you get that suspension flexing, but tires would still poke out the same :)
Sponsored