Sponsored

Stock Fenders popping out every now and then?

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
Anyone have their Stock 4 Door JL Fenders slightly pop out every now and then? not sure if it’s from car wash or just a plastic clip that doesn’t stay put. I always have to pop it back in. always same fender (drivers side rear) still under warranty. any suggestions/thoughts appreciate.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have their Stock 4 Door JL Fenders slightly pop out every now and then? not sure if it’s from car wash or just a plastic clip that doesn’t stay put. I always have to pop it back in. always same fender (drivers side rear) still under warranty. any suggestions/thoughts appreciate.
Was it hit in the past? The white clips are a bit brittle, so they're never as strong as when pushed in the first time at the factory.

If never hit, and warranty still applies, than a good dealer should just replace them all. It'll require disturbing the black clips that attach the liner, so they should also use new ones of those when putting the liner back in.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Have never had fenders pop out and have never read about others experiencing it. I agree with Mike, I'd take it to the dealer if it's never been hit and under warranty. Otherwise, I'd buy new clips and replace them myself.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The rear passenger side fender on my 2018 was doing this.....until one day it decided to fall off completely while off-roading and got run over by the rear tire. Come to find out, every time my son had his buddies with him, they would put their hand on the fender for assistance in jumping out.

I've got Metalcloak metal fenders and fender liners to be installed to alleviate this problem.

OP
OP

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ty. I’m still in warranty so i will ask them to replace clips at next servicing coming up.

OP
OP

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah never hit..thx for the comments... gonna ask dealer to take care of it.
Sponsored