Sponsored

Stock Bridgestone AT's

hotkarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 door
How are they? Any good? Over glorified street tires or what?
Assuming my order comes through with them of course, heard some coming in with Goodyears.
I don't know much, if anything about Bridgestone tires.
Sponsored

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
KO2s are considered some of the most proven tires in the offroad world. They are very good in all conditions but gooey mud, where ALL AT tires suffer because of lugs that are close together, and as a result, they can't throw the mud out. However, they are extremely good tires in all other conditions, and is a big reason why many many people that "overland" choose them. Looks wise, they are on the milder side though, and many that choose NOT to run them usually do it because of looks.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
The stock Bridgestone Duellers are a good street/trail tire. If you are only light off roading they are fine. If you're doing mud or rock crawling the tread/sidewalls won't hold up.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Whoops, I thought the OP was talking about the stock AT KO2s.

OP
OP

hotkarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 door
The stock Bridgestone Duellers are a good street/trail tire. If you are only light off roading they are fine. If you're doing mud or rock crawling the tread/sidewalls won't hold up.
Perfect. Won't be rock crawling or thick mud but I do live in a rural area in the northeast, and my driveway is a 1/4 mile dirt road when can be a pita at certain times. As long as they are a dependable multi purpose tire I'll be happy. Also add that I have a 160 mile round trip commute to work, mostly highway.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The Bridgestone Dueler A/T is garbage. First of all the tread pattern is extremely mild, basically a H/T tread. Second they typically run small. They measure out shorter and more narrow than the same size tire in a Goodyear or BFG. Lastly I've seen awful wear patterns on them. I have seen 5 different tires being used on the JL Wrangler from the factory, and out of those 5 my absolute last choice would be the Bridgestone Dueler A/T.

Just my experience.

Having said that, it's a Jeep so you'll upgrade your tires after the bug bites you anyhow. :)
Sponsored