Stock backup camera with aftermarket Hu

Wa-stinggray

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Has anyone been able to work around using the stock backup camera with an aftermarket HU? Datalink has a kit and a few HU are shallow enough, but I have read they won’t work with the stock camera. I don’t want to lose that. Datalink won’t respond back.

Really annoyed and can’t decide what next step to take. I don’t want to buy a fix 86 or anything for 300-400 bucks if it won’t be needed with a new head unit. Going to the 7” doesn’t seem worth it since it will be almost 1400 with the fix 86 and not as good as a Kenwood or alpine for way less.

At the same time.... stock stereo is driving me nuts. Even after adding hertz 3.5” in the dash. It just needs some bass. But a 400 dollar band aid sucks.

Anyone have any ideas, feedback or know any updates on any future HU that will work? The alpine has no info on release.
Sponsored

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have Android Head Unit and it uses RCA for the camera, the factory camera using fakra connection. I just ordered fackra to rca connection on ebay and will see if works,if not I’ll just but those rca backupup camera and mount it under the bumper.

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I have Android Head Unit and it uses RCA for the camera, the factory camera using fakra connection. I just ordered fackra to rca connection on ebay and will see if works,if not I’ll just but those rca backupup camera and mount it under the bumper.
did it work?

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Quoted from that thread, "You are correct You cannot married Analog RCA headunit to OEM Fakra camera) You need some type of converter to power the digital Fakra camera.RCA cannot power on a Digital camera.Second,You need to update the MTCDE Hardware firmware of your head unit to send signal to the canbus. I ended up buying a $20 backup camera and works just fine, the quality is OK".
So no direct wiring adapter unless the HU supports digital Video indput.
The module seems like a PITA from russia with love. Ill just buy a cheap camera from amazon and mount it up on the jeep. If a better module shows up, I can always take the amazon camera and put it somewhere else.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Marco#1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Moab
Did you get this to work?

Thubby

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport 4 Dpor
Did that teyes unit from aliexpress work? Do u think it will work with an aftermarket Kenwood Android auto short body receiver and stock camera? That's what I got installed on my 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport and my wife wants to retain stock back up camera.

16025397017444905519103362246615.jpg
Sponsored