Sponsored

stock '21 2 door rubicon differential cover options?

fuelfox4949

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
Capt of the Wiggle Wagons.
i just ordered a 21 2 door rubicon wrangler and i am looking for front and rear diff covers to start this build.
i like the arb but i am worried about the track bar hitting, i did like the metal cloak front cover and skid but it says it does not fit with the track bar.
this is my first wrangler and i do not plan to lift it this year i want to order the skids and armor first.
not new to jeeps, only new to wranglers. and it is currently getting built at factory i was told 1 to 3 months, does that sound right?
Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Are you sure you are getting a 2021? Are they still in production or are we in that between models time. I only mention it because production of Ford Super Duty trucks (I have a 22 ordered) just started this week.

We ordered our 21 Rubicon the last week of April, it was at the dealer exactly 6 weeks later. Jeep did an awesome job of building and shipping when most manufacturers are struggling badly with parts supplies and production (no idea on my Ford, likely months...).

I am not sure I would bother with diff covers, the stock ones are pretty stout. I have had them both off in order to the pot the locker sensors in an attempt to avoid their failure. The covers are pretty heavy, not just tin like most diff covers. The front one is BTW tight, very little room between the cover and the track bar.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Are you sure you are getting a 2021? Are they still in production or are we in that between models time. I only mention it because production of Ford Super Duty trucks (I have a 22 ordered) just started this week.

We ordered our 21 Rubicon the last week of April, it was at the dealer exactly 6 weeks later. Jeep did an awesome job of building and shipping when most manufacturers are struggling badly with parts supplies and production (no idea on my Ford, likely months...).

I am not sure I would bother with diff covers, the stock ones are pretty stout. I have had them both off in order to the pot the locker sensors in an attempt to avoid their failure. The covers are pretty heavy, not just tin like most diff covers. The front one is BTW tight, very little room between the cover and the track bar.
If he ordered today or earlier, it's a 2021. That said, I think a VIN will tell for sure -- as we can decipher which MY it will be built as.

I believe Jeep confirmed MY '22 won't start production until December. For instance, my 392 I believe is scheduled to be built in August and according to the VIN, will be a '21. My order was accepted July 8th.

OP
OP
fuelfox4949

fuelfox4949

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
I ordered 7-16 the dealer said 1 to 3 months.
I would like a bit more protection because i play heavy in the rocks. I have a solid diff cover front and back on my jeep xj and it's held up great.
However that is far from stock.
So i was just trying to get definite answer on a front cover.

Sponsored

OP
OP
fuelfox4949

fuelfox4949

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
The aev looks good but I'm still hoping Someone will chime in and let me know if ARB cover works on a stock JL Rubicon

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
I have the Metal Cloak front differential cover and skid and have not had any issues with my stock track bar. Mine is a 2021 JL Rubicon 2 Door 6 speed Manual 3.6l.

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running Ballistic Fabrication front/rear diff covers and Nextventure Motorsports front/rear diff skids.

OP
OP
fuelfox4949

fuelfox4949

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
I ordered front and rear rough country diff skids, aev front cover and I'll probably order arb rear cover.
Sponsored