First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
Gym Owner
I just saw this video that Dean & Fernando put out, looks like Stinger/PAC have put together a pretty sweet looking install kit to replace the factory head unit in the JL. I'm guessing the entire setup will be pretty spendy, since the Heigh10 head unit itself will run you $849+, and the install it would have to be at least $250 or more?

I'll be looking forward to the final release of the product, the end msrp, and reviews going forward if anyone installs one.

Here's the video with 5-star and the Stinger rep
5-Star YouTube Beta video

What's everyone's thoughts?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Saw the same video, as I subscribe to the channel. Definitely a sweet setup with either the 10 or 8 inch head units. Waiting on cost as well.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Hey! Just wanted to let you know that the Heigh10 fully integrated radio replacement kit for the JL is now available on the Stinger Off-Road website. It includes the Stinger Heigh10 in addition to all of the Jeep-specific integration harnesses, adapters, mounting hardware, and modules necessary to completely upgrade your Jeep infotainment system while enhancing and expanding you factory controls.
https://stingeroffroad.com/pages/jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-radio-upgrade

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Still planning on an Elev8 kit? Aside from screen size and button locations, what is the difference between the Elev8 and Heigh10?

Sponsored

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Still planning on an Elev8 kit? Aside from screen size and button locations, what is the difference between the Elev8 and Heigh10?
If you have the Elev8 system, you can use the JL integration kit which comes with mounting hardware for both the Elev8 and the Heigh10. This will include all the integration modules for either unit as well, allowing the same features across both the Heigh10 and the Elev8. The Heig10 will offer all of this on a 10" HD glare resistant screen. Featuring Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Blutoothe, 15 band equalizer, 4 camera inputs, and vehicle data gauges. Currently this is packaged with the Heigh10 in the JL kit, but should be on the PAC website for sale individually in about a month.
https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/radio-replacement/srk-jw18eh

Last edited:

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
If you have the Elev8 system, you can use the JL integration kit which comes with mounting hardware for both the Elev8 and the Heigh10. This will include all the integration modules for either unit as well, allowing the same features across both the Heigh10 and the Elev8. The Heig10 will offer all of this on a 10" HD glare resistant screen. Featuring Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Blutoothe, 15 band equalizer, 4 camera inputs, and vehicle data gauges. Currently this is packaged with the Heigh10 in the JL kit, but should be on the PAC website for sale individually in about a month.
https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/radio-replacement/srk-jw18eh
Thanks! The Elev8 is an 8" screen; the Heigh10 is a 10" screen. Other than that, is there any difference in capabilities of either headunit? Does Heigh10 have better audio/more output options, does Elev8 not have a glare-resistant screen, does Heigh10 have better memory/CPU, more USB, etc? I haven't seen any comparison of the two aside from the screen size, and technical specs weren't available last time I checked (a few weeks ago).

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Thanks! The Elev8 is an 8" screen; the Heigh10 is a 10" screen. Other than that, is there any difference in capabilities of either headunit? Does Heigh10 have better audio/more output options, does Elev8 not have a glare-resistant screen, does Heigh10 have better memory/CPU, more USB, etc? I haven't seen any comparison of the two aside from the screen size, and technical specs weren't available last time I checked (a few weeks ago).
Other than screen size for the Elev8 vs the Heigh10, the connections are identical as far as number of USBs, camera inputs, etc. They use the same brain, just have slightly different firmware (so you can't take an Elev8 and put it on the Heigh10 body or vice versa). The big difference between just the Heigh10/Elev8 vs using it with the JL integration kit is that the modules included in the kit are engineered to retain all factory controls and pull data directly from your Jeep to display on the screen.

If you already own the Elev8 or Heigh10 and just want to add the Stinger/PAC integration kit, the easiest way to do that would be through your local Stinger dealer since it is not available on our site.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stinger Replacement Head Unit & PAC Install Kit 1602012731686

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Cool, that answers everything for me. I'm not sure if I want a 10" screen. Either way, I would definitely use the integration kit. I've been waiting for the kit's release; when I've asked dealers and distributors, they've said it's not available yet.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Cool, that answers everything for me. I'm not sure if I want a 10" screen. Either way, I would definitely use the integration kit. I've been waiting for the kit's release; when I've asked dealers and distributors, they've said it's not available yet.
It is available as of this week given enough stock.

Sponsored

Jeffreyhack

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hey! Just wanted to let you know that the Heigh10 fully integrated radio replacement kit for the JL is now available on the Stinger Off-Road website. It includes the Stinger Heigh10 in addition to all of the Jeep-specific integration harnesses, adapters, mounting hardware, and modules necessary to completely upgrade your Jeep infotainment system while enhancing and expanding you factory controls.
https://stingeroffroad.com/pages/jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-radio-upgrade
Mike,

how can we hook up with the HDMI feature?

Jeffreyhack

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
i have my Blu-ray player running threw the HDMI.
where did you run the cable to? does it just hang low below the dash or did you make a mod to put it in the media center?

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Mike,

how can we hook up with the HDMI feature?
Hey Jeffrey,
There is an HDMI port on the brain of the radio. Any HDMI device had be used there.
A couple of options: Run a male-to-female HDMI cord to your glove box for easy access at any time.
Hook up a device such as a blu-ray player, Roku, Firestick, etc to the HEIGH10 directly. Make sure the device is mounted somewhere that the remote can communicate.
Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jeffreyhack

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara