Stinger Heigh10

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Have any of you installed this and had trouble getting the settings to sound good?

I finally got mine in and the speakers sound terrible.

I have adjusted the equalizer and can’t seem to get them to not sound like the music is in a tunnel.

I have Polk audio db652s in the knee panels (Metra pods) and another pair in the soundbar powered by a us acoustics amp.

I’ve played with the gains on the amp and still can’t get it to sound decent. The setup is extremely Loud, just not good at normal listening levels. Thoughts ? Experiences?
Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Oh boy this was going to be my first mod. I'm subscribing to this thread

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Oh boy this was going to be my first mod. I'm subscribing to this thread
I certainly don’t want to discourage anyone to get one at the point. What I can say so far is;

- CarPlay will not work…. I have not opened up the rear of the center console yet to confirm whether or not the installers actually plugged the wire in. I should also mention, the installer has not returned my email regarding this. They did tell me when I picked it up that they tried plugging in their own iPhones and androids and neither worked. To be continued

- the microphone for hands free is not working properly. They believe it was damaged at some point prior to their install (this could be true, as I ran the wire and also had major issues when I attempted to complete the install myself. The dealership had to install a new ecu… long story But they left a bunch of my wiring dangling under the dash when I got it back. More on that in a different/previous post)

- the screen periodically goes solid green when the backup camera is on. The wife drove it today and said it was working fine, so we shall see.

- when I spoke with Stinger today they told me these were “warranty issues” and I would need to contact the vendor I purchased the Heigh10 from.

*** this was surprising to me, as Stinger was very helpful when I was having problems in the past.

I reached out to the vendor and anticipate a reply in the morning.

I will update

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I would buy it directly from Stinger, I didn't know that there was other sellers of it.

Blue 179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys sport wrangler 2 door
I have had mine installed since the beginning of April. I have also changed the dash and sound bar speakers. A sub will be next, which my system desperately needs. It took a little bit to get it dialed in using the eq. I ended up liking one of the “preset“ eq settings it came with. i think my system sounds great now and overall the Stinger has worked flawlessly.

Sponsored

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I’ve had mine installed almost a year now and no issues. Did the installer do the updates on the unit? If so I would take back to the installer.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I purchased through Crutchfield. Probably the most reputable online audio retailer.
Yeah I use Crutchfield for 90% of my audio equipment also. Mainly my home audio stuff for the support and warranty, the mobile audio equipment they seem to be not as close in price some times. I don't mind paying more from them for their customer service.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I’ve had mine installed almost a year now and no issues. Did the installer do the updates on the unit? If so I would take back to the installer.
I don’t believe they did any updates. The vendor called and left a voicemail earlier. I will be calling on my lunch. I would assume they could just ship me a new mic/wire and I will be checking on the center console tonight after work. I cannot imagine the installer would have missed that step. Since I purchased the unit from a different vendor than the installers, I don’t know what will happen.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I have had mine installed since the beginning of April. I have also changed the dash and sound bar speakers. A sub will be next, which my system desperately needs. It took a little bit to get it dialed in using the eq. I ended up liking one of the “preset“ eq settings it came with. i think my system sounds great now and overall the Stinger has worked flawlessly.
Which “preset”? Only one I see is “flat” I think.

Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I don’t believe they did any updates. The vendor called and left a voicemail earlier. I will be calling on my lunch. I would assume they could just ship me a new mic/wire and I will be checking on the center console tonight after work. I cannot imagine the installer would have missed that step. Since I purchased the unit from a different vendor than the installers, I don’t know what will happen.
You would need to down load the latest version to a flash drive then update your unit. If you go onto Stinger’s website it will show you the current version. Update might just solve your problems.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Thank you. I will check on those tonight. The vendor is sending a replacement mic. Something is definitely wrong with the camera connection or something. Going to check the update thing and if that doesn’t fix it, they can figure it out when the new mic goes in

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
The installers did Not connect the usb wire up to the center console. I will be taking it back when I get the wire/mic in.

I also spent some time adjusting the gains a bit and I think I may be getting closer to decent sound quality.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
The installers did Not connect the usb wire up to the center console. I will be taking it back when I get the wire/mic in.

I also spent some time adjusting the gains a bit and I think I may be getting closer to decent sound quality.
PHEW! Nice!!!!
Sponsored