JL4Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Oscar Mike - Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a new Stinger Heigh10 and had it professionally installed. This thing looks and sounds great, BUT it’s not booting up when I start my Jeep. I have to insert a paper clip into the “Soft Reset Button” about 90% of the time - then it functions perfectly - until I arrive at my destination and turn off my Jeep.

Crazy part - they’ve already replaced it once with a new one (under warranty) for the same issue.

Anyone experienced the same and have an easy solution?

The sound shop will make it right - but would love to solve the problem over the weekend and avoid that day-long or 2 process.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
Haven't heard of that problem. Mine starts flawlessly and automatically hooks up to wireless CarPlay every time.

OP
OP
JL4Todd

JL4Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't heard of that problem. Mine starts flawlessly and automatically hooks up to wireless CarPlay every time.
What are you using for wireless apple car play?

Thanks!
Todd

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top

Hilltonya33

First Name
Tonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Bought a new Stinger Heigh10 and had it professionally installed. This thing looks and sounds great, BUT it’s not booting up when I start my Jeep. I have to insert a paper clip into the “Soft Reset Button” about 90% of the time - then it functions perfectly - until I arrive at my destination and turn off my Jeep.

Crazy part - they’ve already replaced it once with a new one (under warranty) for the same issue.

Anyone experienced the same and have an easy solution?

The sound shop will make it right - but would love to solve the problem over the weekend and avoid that day-long or 2 process.

Thanks in advance!
My issue is with the backup camera. It gives me an error saying unable please start engine. Turn the jeep off and back on and It works fine. Plus GPS reroutes me all the time cause it thinks I’m not on the right road. It’s been to the “recommended” installer 3 times. I got fed up and now they are sending replacement modules for the camera and a new antenna. We will See.

Sponsored

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Rubicon
Mine is now doing the same thing. When I start the Jeep, The stinger splash screen comes up then goes black and repeats. Where is the soft reset button mentioned above?

OP
OP
JL4Todd

JL4Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is now doing the same thing. When I start the Jeep, The stinger splash screen comes up then goes black and repeats. Where is the soft reset button mentioned above?
There’s a little button on the lower right that you can use an ink pin or small pointed object to reset it all

Hair Missile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Have a Tazer by chance? I’m reading that they don’t play nice together. Adding thread to my watched list as I’m contemplating getting a Heigh10 myself.

OP
OP
JL4Todd

JL4Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have a Tazer by chance? I’m reading that they don’t play nice together. Adding thread to my watched list as I’m contemplating getting a Heigh10 myself.
I DO have a Tazer….no known conflicts. My issue was due to a HDMI device that was to allow my iPhone to stream wirelessly to the Stinger, once I unplugged that - all good.

LOVE my Stinger - the sounds quality and screen size/resolution are INCREDIBLE. Highly recommend

Hair Missile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I DO have a Tazer….no known conflicts. My issue was due to a HDMI device that was to allow my iPhone to stream wirelessly to the Stinger, once I unplugged that - all good.

LOVE my Stinger - the sounds quality and screen size/resolution are INCREDIBLE. Highly recommend
That is very good news! Thank you for the reply. Bummer that you had to ditch the wireless HDMI device but it sounds worth it. Now I know what my next upgrade will be ;-)

Sponsored

omar9164

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
any fix on this? mines has been doing it for two days now and stinger’s tech support is non existent. it’s really frustrating

OP
OP
JL4Todd

JL4Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
any fix on this? mines has been doing it for two days now and stinger’s tech support is non existent. it’s really frustrating
Mine is all good now…

I had a device installed that allowed my to stream my phone wirelessly to the head unit and it was causing conflict.

omar9164

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Mine is all good now…

I had a device installed that allowed my to stream my phone wirelessly to the head unit and it was causing conflict.
i have just the unit with nothing else, it’s still giving me problems. hoping stinger will actually answer their phone tomorrow so i can finally fix it.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
i have just the unit with nothing else, it’s still giving me problems. hoping stinger will actually answer their phone tomorrow so i can finally fix it.
Hey Omar, our tech support team is US based. The downside of that is that tech support is not 24/7, but we have highly trained techs available. Give us a call during business hours M-F 9-5 and we can help with anything you need! If easier for you, DM me your phone number and I will have someone call when it is convenient for you.

omar9164

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey Omar, our tech support team is US based. The downside of that is that tech support is not 24/7, but we have highly trained techs available. Give us a call during business hours M-F 9-5 and we can help with anything you need! If easier for you, DM me your phone number and I will have someone call when it is convenient for you.
just got off the phone with them about 20 minutes ago. i’m gonna have to take the entire unit out and send it back for an update. super frustrating since it was so hard to install.
Sponsored