Sponsored

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Anyone have any advice on updating the 3 little boxes that came with the integration kit? I got the adapter updated but can't find firmware for the camera module or PL1. Sorry I'm computer dumb!
Sponsored

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Well I got the boxes updated, anyone figure out how to watch movies on this thing yet? So far it's awesome!!!

xxSubSeaxx

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Yes, yes and yes.
They routed my factory USB ports to the Heigh10 specifically the data port that is the default for either Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (Itā€™s the one inside the center console).So after the USB A and C ports on my dash and the center consoleā€™s A, there remains an available A and C on the back of the H10 along with the RCA A/V in, up to 4 additional RCA inputs for Camera (besides the factory back up cam, thats 5) and the HDMI PORT.
I just ordered the the PAC HDMI/USB cables and mount from Stinger. You canā€™t find anything comparable on Amazon. The HDMI mount always seems to be the issue. Iā€™m not drillomg a 1 inch hole, Iā€™ll buy the kit for $35!
Here is the official Stinger kit:

https://stingerelectronics.com/prod...ional-mounting-bracket?variant=32599101276295

Installer apologized for not telling me the ports wouldnā€™t be accessible. Agrees itā€™s confusing. Theyā€™re going to pull the unit and install the new cables and mount for me for under $50.

ALSO-asked shop why my SXM wasnā€™t working and apparently, I no longer have it! It was built into my uC 5ā€ and there is no receiver in the stinger. Itā€™s an ADD ON. Now I know this itā€™s easy to see on the box and materials SIRIUS/XM READY! Missed that nugget as well. Iā€™m not dropping another $200. I cancelled my sub.
hey, thatā€™s why I love my Apple CarPlay and my subscriptions to Amazon Music and Apple Music ( I also have an Amazon EchoAuto installed above my mirror.).

Only remaining issue Iā€™m working out with techs at Stinger is my altitude thatā€™s off -200 feet below sea level. I live on the Florida coast so that would be a prob. They are looking into it LOL.

Hope that helps.

9244FDE6-75A7-435D-8935-B0738105BEEF.jpeg

A9A01AC2-C771-4B6B-9464-F08B23350E29.jpeg
Not entirely sure if anyone else has dealt with this, but I've been fighting this battle for a while now, and it looks like you have the same issue. Your GPS position is wrong. I can tell you that 80 xx.xxx south and 28 xx.xxx east is on the Antarctic ice sheet. Pretty damn far south too; less than 10 degrees from the south pole. Now if you were to switch the south to west, and east to north, your position would be correct. I'd like to add the sd card for offroad navigation, but it'll be useless unless the positioning is fixed first. I've tried replacing the GPS antenna, but apparently this is a firmware issue. :-(

Herc10HueyFE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
You may already know this but make sure you have the parking brake set when trying to play video from any source. Video will not play unless the parking brake is set; unless you have figured out how to bypass this annoying integration. If anyone has figured it out would you please share the information.
Just run a jumper from the parking wire (light green) coming from the 16 pin harness and connect it to the harness ground (thicker black wire). Works great. No issues so far.

shotcoach

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well I got the boxes updated, anyone figure out how to watch movies on this thing yet? So far it's awesome!!!
Whatā€™s the trick? I have the PAC RadioPro app on my laptop. I downloaded the firmware file RP4.2-CH4XX_V14 PUFX file and saved it to my laptop. I open the RadioPro app, click Firmware, then click the ā€˜Select Fileā€™ button but nothing happens. Iā€™ve tried it with one of the hardware modules connected and without a module connected. Iā€™ve also tried to to open the firmware file directly and that doesnā€™t work either. Thanks Iā€™m advance for any help!

Sponsored

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Whatā€™s the trick? I have the PAC RadioPro app on my laptop. I downloaded the firmware file RP4.2-CH4XX_V14 PUFX file and saved it to my laptop. I open the RadioPro app, click Firmware, then click the ā€˜Select Fileā€™ button but nothing happens. Iā€™ve tried it with one of the hardware modules connected and without a module connected. Iā€™ve also tried to to open the firmware file directly and that doesnā€™t work either. Thanks Iā€™m advance for any help!
Sending you a message!

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Im having a shop install this in just over a week and want to make sure everything is updated when they do it or at least make it where I dont have to take the unit apart to update the modules. Im a little confused however.

The manual says:
Ensure that the CH4A-JW18, PL1, and RPA-HD1 modules have been updated to the latest version of firmware before installing into the vehicle. Refer to the Updating Firmware section at the end of the manual for firmware update instructions.

The website shows V14 but doesnt list what module its for so is that what I update every module with, the same firmware?

Lastly, I would rather run a micro USB in the glove box that stays attached to the modules for easy updating in the future. Is that an issue and if not, I would need 3 micro USB's (1 for each module) correct. Meaning all 3 modules do indeed get updated separately?

jaysmooth24

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL
Im having a shop install this in just over a week and want to make sure everything is updated when they do it or at least make it where I dont have to take the unit apart to update the modules. Im a little confused however.

The manual says:
Ensure that the CH4A-JW18, PL1, and RPA-HD1 modules have been updated to the latest version of firmware before installing into the vehicle. Refer to the Updating Firmware section at the end of the manual for firmware update instructions.

The website shows V14 but doesnt list what module its for so is that what I update every module with, the same firmware?

Lastly, I would rather run a micro USB in the glove box that stays attached to the modules for easy updating in the future. Is that an issue and if not, I would need 3 micro USB's (1 for each module) correct. Meaning all 3 modules do indeed get updated separately?
The module that needs the V14 upgrade is done from the paclink website, https://pac-audio.com/firmware-updates/

If this link doesnā€™t take you directly to it, once on the page, In the search bar type
SRK-JW18EH
And it will show up.

some of the modules you can update via the user interface once installed with the update on a usb, I canā€™t remember exact which ones at the moment.

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep

The manual says:

I just pick through the modules and install the latest (dated) version. The permanent module USB upgrade cables is an interesting idea, but it's soooooooooooooo crowded back there now I don't know if another 3 cables would fit šŸ˜±. I've had mine a little over a year, and have done an 'module' update only once (and that's because I'm anal, not because I was experiencing any problems).

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
The module that needs the V14 upgrade is done from the paclink website, https://pac-audio.com/firmware-updates/

If this link doesnā€™t take you directly to it, once on the page, In the search bar type
SRK-JW18EH
And it will show up.

some of the modules you can update via the user interface once installed with the update on a usb, I canā€™t remember exact which ones at the moment.

Ok so it sounds like I only need one USB cable then running to, Im guessing, the CH4A-JW18 module.

I just pick through the modules and install the latest (dated) version. The permanent module USB upgrade cables is an interesting idea, but it's soooooooooooooo crowded back there now I don't know if another 3 cables would fit šŸ˜±. I've had mine a little over a year, and have done an 'module' update only once (and that's because I'm anal, not because I was experiencing any problems).
Since Im not installing the unit myself, how difficult is it to take the face off and get to the usb ports of the modules?

Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Ok so it sounds like I only need one USB cable then running to, Im guessing, the CH4A-JW18 module.

Since Im not installing the unit myself, how difficult is it to take the face off and get to the usb ports of the modules?
Not difficult at all to remove and access the modules, it's the re-installation part which can be a little challenging (and frustrating). šŸ˜‰

jaysmooth24

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL

Youā€™ll be able to use the USB port on your dash for the updates, you wonā€™t need to remove anything šŸ˜‰ and yes, the CH module would be the only one.

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Has anyone installed the latest firmware update for the head unit? On the Stinger site it states that it provides audio and performance enhancements. For those that did, was there any noticable difference/change?

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Has anyone installed the latest firmware update for the head unit? On the Stinger site it states that it provides audio and performance enhancements. For those that did, was there any noticable difference/change?
I did, and really didn't notice any differences.