Sponsored

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
I just had this installed in my jeep this past Sunday, and so far it's running well. I have the Firmware that's dated 10-27-2020 (released Dec 1st?), but have yet to install the 02-24-21 update, as it looks like I need to update the PAC to V14. Also, I'm not getting any altitude or coordinate data from GPS in the offroad pages, so that needs to be checked as well, but aside from that. I'm really enjoying the new setup. It really looks good and I love the big display.

I saw that Mike921921 updated to the latest firmware from 02-24-21 with no issues and I'm tempted to do the same prior to doing the V14 PAC update, as I don't want to take my unit apart just yet (I have appointment this Sunday to get the GPS checked out, so I may wait until then anyways).
Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I just had this installed in my jeep this past Sunday, and so far it's running well. I have the Firmware that's dated 10-27-2020 (released Dec 1st?), but have yet to install the 02-24-21 update, as it looks like I need to update the PAC to V14. Also, I'm not getting any altitude or coordinate data from GPS in the offroad pages, so that needs to be checked as well, but aside from that. I'm really enjoying the new setup. It really looks good and I love the big display.

I saw that Mike921921 updated to the latest firmware from 02-24-21 with no issues and I'm tempted to do the same prior to doing the V14 PAC update, as I don't want to take my unit apart just yet (I have appointment this Sunday to get the GPS checked out, so I may wait until then anyways).
I believe there is an option in the installer menu of the Height10 to update the pac through the heigh10 interface, so you don’t have to take anything apart. Going to do the update myself this weekend but 90% sure I saw that functionality previously.

SuedeGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport
I believe there is an option in the installer menu of the Height10 to update the pac through the heigh10 interface, so you don’t have to take anything apart. Going to do the update myself this weekend but 90% sure I saw that functionality previously.
Yeah, the instructions say you can update the pac through the heigh10 interface, but that’s not actually true. I asked tech-support the same question and you have to take apart the dash and connect via mini USB in order to update the pac firmware.

I did update to the newest heigh10 firmware and not to the newest pac firmware and so far no issues. But limited driving time thus far. I am really reluctant to go back into my dash. If I do, I will be installing a long micro USB cable from the pac unit.

That’s actually good tip for folks that have yet to install, you may want to think about running a micro USB for future updates.

Last edited:

Shamwedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S | 2 Door | 6 Speed | Hydro
Was thinking about getting this for my future Jeep (being built) Does this head unit support Wireless Android Auto?

Sponsored

WarlockLord

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Just finished installing mine about an hour ago. The rear camera and Android auto have both been a little fickle but both are working as I'm writing this.

Rear camera went to no signal for a little while, then came back. It does seem to do a quick flicker after I put it in reverse through, where the video goes out for a split second. Android auto was constantly disconnecting and reconnecting but has settled down some now.

I did the firmware update on both the Heigh10 and the main integration module. Are there updates for the hd1, pl1, and the application apk? Having a tough time finding those across the Stinger and PAC sites.

Overall a very impressive unit. I'll be very pleased with it if these little gremlins don't keep coming back.

CraigEdWood

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JL Firecracker Red
Occupation
Program Director, Brevard Senior Nutrition | Aging Matters in Brevard
After careful consideration I had my Height10 installed professionally this week, including 3 additional cameras (totaling 4 with stock backup cam).
I had them hook up the cameras and do the programming to set left and right triggers for turn signal usage and label them for me, they are simply laying on my passenger seat at the moment so I can decide the mounting options. That is my project this weekend.
They reported the camera setup was flawless and responds to live on demand view as well as the turn signal trigger—I haven’t seen it yet as I have to re-attach the ground and install, but excited to work on this today.

COST OF PROFESSIONAL INSTALL FOR ME WAS A NO BRAINER:
The determining factor for me was price for the install. I paid $200 from one the most reputable car audio shops in east-central Florida (I’ll share details later.) A week in and still haven’t found anything to gripe about, very clean instal and attention to detail. I’d rather pay $200 for someone to do it right as I am not a real handy person, I like to get under my jeep and loved hooking up the lights and playing with the Aux options but I’m firmly in my lane here, especially for $200 to have someone stand behind the work.

EARLY OBSERVATIONS AND CAUTIONS:
If you have this installed keep in mind you have NO access to the HDMI, RCA, AV ports, etc once they are done—they’re behind the unit. Had I known, I would have had installer drop me an extended HDMI cable under my dash! I guess I assumed that if it had HDMI it would be accessible from the face... i think Stinger missed the mark here. Honestly don’t know that I’d use it, but for a $2000 project, I want to be ABLE to.

FACTORY BACKUP CAM NOT RESPONDING/OFFLINE
I’ve seen this a few times here in the threads. In only my first week, I can attest that TWICE shifting into reverse triggered a Camera Failure/Offiline warning. While after restarting my vehicle everything seemed back to normal, my bigger concern was it hung up the whole system. I couldn’t access radio, car play, nothing responded as the cam system was in a death loop just occasionally telling me it’s not responding and asking if I want to terminate the application. Even saying YES did not help. I had to pull off and turn my Jeep off. And you need to wait a few minutes as well—just a quick cycle of the ignition wont do it. Had to open my door, close it and wait until all dash lights went off. After restart it was fine. 2 instances in my first week. Makes me nervous about turning the other 3 cameras back on today.

I will post internal and external pictures of the project, after I mount the cameras this weekend.

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Great info overall; thanks much. Few questions for a future installation:
- is there an open USB port on the PAC unit to connect USB cable and run it to a convenient location for the updates?
- do any other components need updates through hard to access ports?
- except the above, HDMI, and RCA for cameras are there any other cables that would be worth pre-routing to avoid future disassembly?
Thx to all again.

CraigEdWood

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Great info overall; thanks much. Few questions for a future installation:
- is there an open USB port on the PAC unit to connect USB cable and run it to a convenient location for the updates?
- do any other components need updates through hard to access ports?
- except the above, HDMI, and RCA for cameras are there any other cables that would be worth pre-routing to avoid future disassembly?
Thx to all again.
Yes, yes and yes.
They routed my factory USB ports to the Heigh10 specifically the data port that is the default for either Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (It’s the one inside the center console).So after the USB A and C ports on my dash and the center console’s A, there remains an available A and C on the back of the H10 along with the RCA A/V in, up to 4 additional RCA inputs for Camera (besides the factory back up cam, thats 5) and the HDMI PORT.
I just ordered the the PAC HDMI/USB cables and mount from Stinger. You can’t find anything comparable on Amazon. The HDMI mount always seems to be the issue. I’m not drillomg a 1 inch hole, I’ll buy the kit for $35!
Here is the official Stinger kit:

https://stingerelectronics.com/prod...ional-mounting-bracket?variant=32599101276295

Installer apologized for not telling me the ports wouldn’t be accessible. Agrees it’s confusing. They’re going to pull the unit and install the new cables and mount for me for under $50.

ALSO-asked shop why my SXM wasn’t working and apparently, I no longer have it! It was built into my uC 5” and there is no receiver in the stinger. It’s an ADD ON. Now I know this it’s easy to see on the box and materials SIRIUS/XM READY! Missed that nugget as well. I’m not dropping another $200. I cancelled my sub.
hey, that’s why I love my Apple CarPlay and my subscriptions to Amazon Music and Apple Music ( I also have an Amazon EchoAuto installed above my mirror.).

Only remaining issue I’m working out with techs at Stinger is my altitude that’s off -200 feet below sea level. I live on the Florida coast so that would be a prob. They are looking into it LOL.

Hope that helps.

9244FDE6-75A7-435D-8935-B0738105BEEF.jpeg

A9A01AC2-C771-4B6B-9464-F08B23350E29.jpeg

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Yes, yes and yes.
They routed my factory USB ports to the Heigh10 specifically the data port that is the default for either Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (It’s the one inside the center console).So after the USB A and C ports on my dash and the center console’s A, there remains an available A and C on the back of the H10 along with the RCA A/V in, up to 4 additional RCA inputs for Camera (besides the factory back up cam, thats 5) and the HDMI PORT.
I just ordered the the PAC HDMI/USB cables and mount from Stinger. You can’t find anything comparable on Amazon. The HDMI mount always seems to be the issue. I’m not drillomg a 1 inch hole, I’ll buy the kit for $35!
Here is the official Stinger kit:

https://stingerelectronics.com/prod...ional-mounting-bracket?variant=32599101276295

Installer apologized for not telling me the ports wouldn’t be accessible. Agrees it’s confusing. They’re going to pull the unit and install the new cables and mount for me for under $50.

ALSO-asked shop why my SXM wasn’t working and apparently, I no longer have it! It was built into my uC 5” and there is no receiver in the stinger. It’s an ADD ON. Now I know this it’s easy to see on the box and materials SIRIUS/XM READY! Missed that nugget as well. I’m not dropping another $200. I cancelled my sub.
hey, that’s why I love my Apple CarPlay and my subscriptions to Amazon Music and Apple Music ( I also have an Amazon EchoAuto installed above my mirror.).

Only remaining issue I’m working out with techs at Stinger is my altitude that’s off -200 feet below sea level. I live on the Florida coast so that would be a prob. They are looking into it LOL.

Hope that helps.
Where are your window switches. looks like an open compartment.

Sponsored

CraigEdWood

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manual Windows. I intentionally bought a model with out power to the doors as I remove them constantly (with the roof). Also took out backseat.
I have a roof lift installed in my garage. Only wire i have is the door sensor so I leave that unplugged and only connect the door tether. No power mirrors or locks. Just AC- as I said, I DO live in Florida- I’m not that crazy AC is required.. LOL it was actually incredibly hard to get my perfect Wrangler. Wanted a 2 door with manual 5 spd, uC 8.4, AC, no power to doors, hard top, but upgraded suspension and wheels with Aux sys and the LED light package. It was a unicorn. Couldn’t get it. Try finding a stick nowadays! So I opted for the Willys sport with crappy radio to get the upgraded suspension, wheels and trim and decided I’d get a stinger. Almost everything I wanted short of the LED factory lights. It’s my FrankenWilly 😂

NOTE- I would have normally ordered my vehicle from Toledo to get MY perfect Jeep, but COVID shut it down and back orders were mounting. I got a huge steal at the dealer with incentives, discounts and frontline worker deals so i was happy.

I’ll be excited to share my build soon including interior and exterior lighting, my cold air intake (surprisingly a pain in the ass to install in hood) and more. Love my Willy!

Blue 179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys sport wrangler 2 door
After careful consideration I had my Height10 installed professionally this week, including 3 additional cameras (totaling 4 with stock backup cam).
I had them hook up the cameras and do the programming to set left and right triggers for turn signal usage and label them for me, they are simply laying on my passenger seat at the moment so I can decide the mounting options. That is my project this weekend.
They reported the camera setup was flawless and responds to live on demand view as well as the turn signal trigger—I haven’t seen it yet as I have to re-attach the ground and install, but excited to work on this today.

COST OF PROFESSIONAL INSTALL FOR ME WAS A NO BRAINER:
The determining factor for me was price for the install. I paid $200 from one the most reputable car audio shops in east-central Florida (I’ll share details later.) A week in and still haven’t found anything to gripe about, very clean instal and attention to detail. I’d rather pay $200 for someone to do it right as I am not a real handy person, I like to get under my jeep and loved hooking up the lights and playing with the Aux options but I’m firmly in my lane here, especially for $200 to have someone stand behind the work.

EARLY OBSERVATIONS AND CAUTIONS:
If you have this installed keep in mind you have NO access to the HDMI, RCA, AV ports, etc once they are done—they’re behind the unit. Had I known, I would have had installer drop me an extended HDMI cable under my dash! I guess I assumed that if it had HDMI it would be accessible from the face... i think Stinger missed the mark here. Honestly don’t know that I’d use it, but for a $2000 project, I want to be ABLE to.

FACTORY BACKUP CAM NOT RESPONDING/OFFLINE
I’ve seen this a few times here in the threads. In only my first week, I can attest that TWICE shifting into reverse triggered a Camera Failure/Offiline warning. While after restarting my vehicle everything seemed back to normal, my bigger concern was it hung up the whole system. I couldn’t access radio, car play, nothing responded as the cam system was in a death loop just occasionally telling me it’s not responding and asking if I want to terminate the application. Even saying YES did not help. I had to pull off and turn my Jeep off. And you need to wait a few minutes as well—just a quick cycle of the ignition wont do it. Had to open my door, close it and wait until all dash lights went off. After restart it was fine. 2 instances in my first week. Makes me nervous about turning the other 3 cameras back on today.

I will post internal and external pictures of the project, after I mount the cameras this weekend.
Thanks for all of the great info. I am definitely going this route as I also have a Willys with the basic radio. I guess I will have to pay an extra $200 for the Sirius receiver as that is what I mostly listen to.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Thanks for all of the great info. I am definitely going this route as I also have a Willys with the basic radio. I guess I will have to pay an extra $200 for the Sirius receiver as that is what I mostly listen to.
I believe the Sirius receiver is only ~$30 on Amazon.

CraigEdWood

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Haaa. Awesome to know. Maybe I misunderstood but thought he said $200. Great update! I didn’t research it as I didn’t plan on purchasing it. Solid tip. 👍

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Great info. Much appreciated.
I will also add the MicroSD to SD card extender to be able to easily update NAV maps.
Sponsored