Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
The MicroSD slot is for an iGo maps memory card only. Gaia is not supported.
Gaia GPS now connects with Apple CarPlay, so if you use an iPhone, Gaia can be used on the HEIGH10 screen.
Sponsored

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics

SuedeGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport
So, just to clarify. Looks like me with the 5 inch and no automatic climate control, do I need to add a separate volume knob?

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
So, just to clarify. Looks like me with the 5 inch and no automatic climate control, do I need to add a separate volume knob?
The heigh10 has a volume knob built-in and the steering wheel controls also work.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Does anyone know the alpines amps watts per channel?

Sponsored

SuedeGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport
One other question for folks that have done this - specifically folks that did NOT have Sirius installed originally. Can I run the antennae that comes with the Sirius SXV300V1 up to where the GPS antennae will be routed on the top via the same path and have it all come up hunky dory? Sooooo close to mashing that buy button.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
One other question for folks that have done this - specifically folks that did NOT have Sirius installed originally. Can I run the antennae that comes with the Sirius SXV300V1 up to where the GPS antennae will be routed on the top via the same path and have it all come up hunky dory? Sooooo close to mashing that buy button.
Yes, you can run both antennas up there.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Mike,
Will I still be able to use my Tazer JL that uses the security bypass? Any negative affects?
No issues using a Tazer. We have one on our show Jeep as well.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
No issues using a Tazer. We have one on our show Jeep as well.
Awesome... Thanks for the response. My unit should arrive on Monday and I'm looking forward to getting it installed. 1 other question if you don't mind.... With the existing 8.4" and alpine upgrade that I have is it anyway possible to retain the factory USBs and system mics or is using the replacement equipment that the comes with gonna be my only option? Honestly I feel that was the one thing that they got right was the noise cancellation mics for handsfree calling.

Sponsored

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Awesome... Thanks for the response. My unit should arrive on Monday and I'm looking forward to getting it installed. 1 other question if you don't mind.... With the existing 8.4" and alpine upgrade that I have is it anyway possible to retain the factory USBs and system mics or is using the replacement equipment that the comes with gonna be my only option? Honestly I feel that was the one thing that they got right was the noise cancellation mics for handsfree calling.
Your factory USBs will still work in the JL kit. You will need to use the provided mic, but I have not had any complaints about losing sound quality when installing correctly.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Your factory USBs will still work in the JL kit. You will need to use the provided mic, but I have not had any complaints about losing sound quality when installing correctly.
Ok excellent. I figured that it would work just as well and with everything that I've read up on and the fact I'm doing an entire system upgrade its an insignificant sacrifice for a superior product. I'll post up pictures once I complete my entire system. Thanks again Mike for the reply. Love to see vendors on here helping. Cheers.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Ok excellent. I figured that it would work just as well and with everything that I've read up on and the fact I'm doing an entire system upgrade its an insignificant sacrifice for a superior product. I'll post up pictures once I complete my entire system. Thanks again Mike for the reply. Love to see vendors on here helping. Cheers.
FWIW I've had no issues with Heigh10 + Tazer and nobody has complained about call quality with the new mic either (I've asked).

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
In case anyone is wondering, I updated the firmware (Stinger UN1810 Update 02-24-21) today without incident. đź‘Ť
Sponsored