Sponsored

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
bottom line IMO is if you have a 5" screen this is a GREAT upgrade and well worth the money. If you have a 7" I would look over the specs carefully you may like it. But if you have a 8.4 it is a downgrade to get a larger screen.
I have the 8.4 in the built-in GPS is weak. It doesn't even show the Rubicon trail or even how to get to it and if you try to record a trail and then try to access it again it won't let you access it because it'll tell you that it's off trail and it doesn't allow that which is stupid in my opinion. Why have an off-road GPS if you can't use a track you recorded off-road doesn't make any sense whatsoever. As far as I can tell other than the USB in the front near the climate control being disabled using this system that's really the only downgrade it's definitely an upgrade over the 8.4 all the way.
Sponsored

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just updated the head unit with the new firmware from the Stinger website to a usb drive, the just updated the head unit using the usb in the dash. It appears that you can update all of the PAC modules from there as well without having to pull the head unit out.
What USB are you talking about? I really want to get this unit but I'm concerned because I think it disables that front USB below the stereo.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a few questions:
1) does the USB below this radio in the front dash become disabled and not able to use once you install this radio?
2) the USB GPS card slot can you put any GPS on that or does it have to be the I go card and if it does can you use it for storage if you don't want to use it for GPS?

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
I have a few questions:
1) does the USB below this radio in the front dash become disabled and not able to use once you install this radio?
2) the USB GPS card slot can you put any GPS on that or does it have to be the I go card and if it does can you use it for storage if you don't want to use it for GPS?
I've had mine a few months now. In my JT 1) the dash USB is active as before installation 2) the micro SD slot is for the iGo GPS map card only - there is nothing in any of the manuals or screens indicating otherwise.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had mine a few months now. In my JT 1) the dash USB is active as before installation 2) the micro SD slot is for the iGo GPS map card only - there is nothing in any of the manuals or screens indicating otherwise.
So you can plug in your phone and use it for Android auto?

Sponsored

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I have a few questions:
The front Is in the dash still works, however it WILL NOT WORK. for Android Auto, or Car Play.

To use Android Auto or Car Play a USB cable is supplied in the kit that plugs into the USB connector in the Center console.

The front USB will not work because it has some hardware in it to work with Uconnect, and therefore the signal for AA, or CP doesn't transfer through it.

What I have done is plug a data capable charging cord directly in to the top USB of the head unit which is the AA/CP capable USB, and routed it out the upper side of the radio bezel, and directly to my phone. See pic.

IMG_20210212_134825385_HDR.jpg

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Yes, but only at the rear USB, the one in the center console, as the the one the dash has hardware built into it for the Uconnect system the will prevent the AA/CP signal from getting through, however normal USB signals will get through just fine.

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Yes, but only at the rear USB, the one in the center console, as the the one the dash has hardware built into it for the Uconnect system the will prevent the AA/CP signal from getting through, however normal USB signals will get through just fine.
That's correct. I use the dash USB for music files on a micro SD card.

Sponsored

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would be really nice if that SD card slot for mapping could be used for storage.
Thanks for all the replies.
I noticed that some video say it's 50 watts per channel and some say 25 watts per channel what is it?

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes you can have 3 cameras on this. I would say watch install video. you have to add another GPS unit, microphone, speaker. and unhook the USB in center console to feed from new head. It looks to like alot of orig. system is bypassed and not integrated
You can actually have a total of six cameras. One front one back and four additional.