Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Got it all installed today, I just cant get all of the spacing inside the dash to work out. With the Sirius XM tuner and the video module, plus that huge OEM connector, it is all fat. I got the top two screws in but am off with the bottom two, gonna play with it tomorrow. Everything works, although I have not been able to verify if the satellite radio works or not...thank you for your input.
I stuffed my video module in the upper right, it bends the HDMI cable 90deg, but it hasn't been a problem yet. Some stuff it on the lower left. It's important to offload as much as you can left and right before pushing it in. I also pulled some connectors to the front of the unit - every little bit helps.
Sponsored

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
Got it all installed today, I just cant get all of the spacing inside the dash to work out. With the Sirius XM tuner and the video module, plus that huge OEM connector, it is all fat. I got the top two screws in but am off with the bottom two, gonna play with it tomorrow. Everything works, although I have not been able to verify if the satellite radio works or not...thank you for your input.
Yes it's a tight squeeze ! My XM tuner is pushed behind glove box and the PAC module is pushed upper right side defroster. Take your time it all fits.

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
Has anyone used the NAV off road? I’m wondering if it has maps preinstalled or do/can you download and add them?

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Has anyone used the NAV off road? I’m wondering if it has maps preinstalled or do/can you download and add them?
The maps are pre-installed. It appears adding some may be possible from the Naviextras web site, but I can't get mine to update (won't recognize the device, although the Heigh10 is supported), so adding isn't possible for me at the moment.

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I believe you have to buy the iGo Navigation Sd Card, it cost about $150 on amazon, and it uses only GPS, so you don't have to rely on any cell service. Downloading an app is great as long as you can hotspot your phone to your Heigh10, and have cell signal, but of you get off the beaten path that's where the Heigh10's iGo Navigation would shine. I will give it a try when I get mine installed and let you all know how it works out.

Sponsored

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
So, my Heigh10 arrived, and I was able to get it installed, after wrassling with the wires on the back of the brain, yeah that stuff doesn't all fit in there very well. Anyhow, the radio, well at least mine was plug and play in the sense you can plug it in, and the radio will play. Nothing is working right on this thing besides the radio, the bluetooth, and the steering wheel controls, some what. I started the install at 10am this morning, got her in and for the most part buttoned up with just enough time to head to work about 130pm. Used the iGo Navigation to get me there, the navigation rocks. The radio it's self is nice, and well worth the $850 I paid for it. The problem is the Jeep integration side. This thing is supposed to integrate seemlessly with you Jeep, and I would expect for $1700 that this would be the case, I would not have to play computer programmer/IT, as I really don't want to, that's why I paid $1600. So I got off work at 1230am, and here it is 145am and I'm updating the radio, takes about 40 minutes, not to terrible, except I have/had a trip planned tomorrow, and I'm wasting time messing with this radio, WTF? Anyhow, I'll let you all. Know if the update fixes it.

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Ok, Firmware updated, and viola, now it works as intended. I still have to finish writing up my front camera, just a $15 amazon unit, but over all she in and done. I will say the user interface is very very easy to use, and the again the radio is nice a one. Overall, now that it's working as intended, I am very happy with my purchase.

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
So, my Heigh10 arrived, and I was able to get it installed, after wrassling with the wires on the back of the brain, yeah that stuff doesn't all fit in there very well. Anyhow, the radio, well at least mine was plug and play in the sense you can plug it in, and the radio will play. Nothing is working right on this thing besides the radio, the bluetooth, and the steering wheel controls, some what. I started the install at 10am this morning, got her in and for the most part buttoned up with just enough time to head to work about 130pm. Used the iGo Navigation to get me there, the navigation rocks. The radio it's self is nice, and well worth the $850 I paid for it. The problem is the Jeep integration side. This thing is supposed to integrate seemlessly with you Jeep, and I would expect for $1700 that this would be the case, I would not have to play computer programmer/IT, as I really don't want to, that's why I paid $1600. So I got off work at 1230am, and here it is 145am and I'm updating the radio, takes about 40 minutes, not to terrible, except I have/had a trip planned tomorrow, and I'm wasting time messing with this radio, WTF? Anyhow, I'll let you all. Know if the update fixes it.
Did you update the head end itself, one of the PAC modules, or everything? I didn't have to update any of them when I installed and all the Jeep stuff worked fine (unit was purchased in Nov. 2020).

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Did you update the head end itself, one of the PAC modules, or everything? I didn't have to update any of them when I installed and all the Jeep stuff worked fine (unit was purchased in Nov. 2020).
All I had to update was the Firmware in the head unit, it was dated 04/19, it was very old Firmware, once update the badass radio turned into the Hulk. The PAC modules are all up to date.

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I just had to download and up dated to a USB and the plugged it into any USB and went to the installer settings and updated it from there. I'm still having some issues after the update though, like my Android Auto won't connect, but that could be my phone as it's a Motorola Razr (2020) and not a Samsung, and I can't get the HDMI to work, my OEM back up camera works great, but I can't get the HDMI IN, on the PAC module to work.

Sponsored

aljeff66

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I just had to download and up dated to a USB and the plugged it into any USB and went to the installer settings and updated it from there. I'm still having some issues after the update though, like my Android Auto won't connect, but that could be my phone as it's a Motorola Razr (2020) and not a Samsung, and I can't get the HDMI to work, my OEM back up camera works great, but I can't get the HDMI IN, on the PAC module to work.
You may already know this but make sure you have the parking brake set when trying to play video from any source. Video will not play unless the parking brake is set; unless you have figured out how to bypass this annoying integration. If anyone has figured it out would you please share the information.

Last edited:

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may already know this but make sure you have the parking brake set when trying to play video from any source. Video will not play unless the parking brake is set; unless you have figured out how to bypass this annoying integration. If anyone has figured it out would you please share the information.
If the parking brake is on the can-bus it might be tough to do. If it’s not then it should be fairly easy. I’d suggest testing it at the parking brake switch in the center console or you could test it at the radio harness if there’s a separate wire.

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I just updated the head unit with the new firmware from the Stinger website to a usb drive, the just updated the head unit using the usb in the dash. It appears that you can update all of the PAC modules from there as well without having to pull the head unit out.

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
My parking brake light on my dash/parking brake switch has not worked for about 6 months, and my 2018 is out of warranty because it has 50000 miles on it. I will say if you contact Stinger, and explain to them that you have a parking brake issue, they may provide you with a work around to bypass the parking brake switch. As for the Android Auto, I plug me charging/data cord directly into the back of the radio, and ran the wire up through the dash where my phone is visible while driving still. Turns out the wire that came with the kit that connects to the usb in the center console was bad, it charges, but it doesn't allow Android Auto to connect. I contacted Stinger and they are sending me out a new cord on Monday, which is fine, but I really don't need Android Auto in my center console, I need it in my dash where my phone normally sits. I don't want to take the radio of of my dash again, but if I do then I'll add a usb splitter and connect the usb I'm the center console to the lower usb port along with the one in the dash, this will allow charging at the usb in the center console.

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My parking brake light on my dash/parking brake switch has not worked for about 6 months, and my 2018 is out of warranty because it has 50000 miles on it. I will say if you contact Stinger, and explain to them that you have a parking brake issue, they may provide you with a work around to bypass the parking brake switch. As for the Android Auto, I plug me charging/data cord directly into the back of the radio, and ran the wire up through the dash where my phone is visible while driving still. Turns out the wire that came with the kit that connects to the usb in the center console was bad, it charges, but it doesn't allow Android Auto to connect. I contacted Stinger and they are sending me out a new cord on Monday, which is fine, but I really don't need Android Auto in my center console, I need it in my dash where my phone normally sits. I don't want to take the radio of of my dash again, but if I do then I'll add a usb splitter and connect the usb I'm the center console to the lower usb port along with the one in the dash, this will allow charging at the usb in the center console.
When I was installing I was told the reason most manufacturers require you to have the parking brake on, to watch video, is liability. In most or all states it’s not legal to have video in view of the driver while the vehicle is moving.
Sponsored