Sponsored

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Manual Magnuson JLR, '16 Manual Cayman GT4
Nice video. I doubt you'll have issues. Also, after figuring out I had a bad harness, I don't think my issues had anything to do with buying the dash kit separately from the Heigh10. It was just, straight up, bad luck.

Message back on here if any questions while doing the install. I'm expecting to get the new harness this weekend. Hopefully in time for me to finish the install this weekend, so I'll be back in there potentially while you're working on yours. Since I'm going in a 2nd time, I may try to clean up my wires a bit, based on this latest video you posted.
Sponsored

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once I get this thing working, the only downsides I'm seeing is that you lose the clock and compass in the gauge cluster

tankers

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sahara, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Nice video. I doubt you'll have issues. Also, after figuring out I had a bad harness, I don't think my issues had anything to do with buying the dash kit separately from the Heigh10. It was just, straight up, bad luck.

Message back on here if any questions while doing the install. I'm expecting to get the new harness this weekend. Hopefully in time for me to finish the install this weekend, so I'll be back in there potentially while you're working on yours. Since I'm going in a 2nd time, I may try to clean up my wires a bit, based on this latest video you posted.
Awesome, thanks! Hopefully, it's straightforward for me! I've got a Bestop Sunrider installed, but hopefully that doesn't give me fits when running the nav antenna. I doubt it will be an issue, though.

Once I get this thing working, the only downsides I'm seeing is that you lose the clock and compass in the gauge cluster
Yeah, I heard that. While I don't really use those two functions, it'll likely bug me that they don't work (especially the compass, since it's always there on the dash). Didn't dissuade me enough from buying, though. :)

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, thanks! Hopefully, it's straightforward for me! I've got a Bestop Sunrider installed, but hopefully that doesn't give me fits when running the nav antenna. I doubt it will be an issue, though.

Yeah, I heard that. While I don't really use those two functions, it'll likely bug me that they don't work (especially the compass, since it's always there on the dash). Didn't dissuade me enough from buying, though. :)
Since you can edit what shows up in that cluster, I just replaced the clock with the outside temperature :)

Sponsored

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I changed my direction to range, useful with our micro fuel tanks 😖
Yea, I have range + temp. Ideally, I would have clock + temp, but I'll live. I'm actually about to pump my first tank today! I think I have 211 miles, nearly 100% city driving.

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Separately, I'm sponsored by my buddy's car audio shop. I can probably get you guys better deals on the Stinger units (and potentially other gear) through my guy; just shoot me a DM.

Sponsored

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Electronics

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
Yea, I have range + temp. Ideally, I would have clock + temp, but I'll live. I'm actually about to pump my first tank today! I think I have 211 miles, nearly 100% city driving.
The clock and temp will show up on the stinger screen. You also gain vehicle information which will have a compass just make sure you have the latest update.

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@tankers when you bought the SXV300V1 unit, did you need to install the XM antenna that comes with that, or did the harness that came in the dash kit allow you to use the OEM XM antenna?

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The clock and temp will show up on the stinger screen. You also gain vehicle information which will have a compass just make sure you have the latest update.
Yep I have all that on the screen! Was just referring to the gauge cluster's screen
Sponsored